What do you think about the love Steve and Roxy had? It is healthy or toxic love?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: What do you think about the love Steve and Roxy had? It is healthy or toxic love?

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Deepanshu Tushir wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 16:11 I can agree that the love they had was not ideal, but I can't say it was toxic. Everything was great between Steve and Roxy, but things got bad when Steve joined the police department. I think they were both fighting their own demons. Roxy was still dealing with the loss of her family and preparing for med school, and Steve was fighting alone against the department. 
Yeah... I feel this same way too. They just had issues, so I can't say it was a toxic relationship, I agree to this.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I believe Steve only wanted the best for Roxy and to protect her. I, on the other hand, I don't like to be in a relationship with little communication because I believe it would be inappropriate. I also believe Roxy respected Steve.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

For me Steve an Roxy's love isn't healthy. Steve is the only one in the relationship, Roxy's heart is somewhere else and she isn't as bothered as Steve is my their relationship.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

Their love was not healthy, and at a point when Steve joined the police there was a lack of communication between them, so I think there was toxic.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

The love between Steve was not healthy, at some point there was a lack of communication between them, distance, and cheating. For me their love was toxic.
Neora Wish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neora-wish.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Neora Wish »

It was not toxic. It was just young love. The stage that their relationship usually had such characteristics. A time will come when their love will mature and all their conflicts will be just memories.
Neora Wish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neora-wish.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Neora Wish »

It's not toxic. It's only young and once it will mature it will stabilize. They are both young and out of their control, they must make such mistakes to learn from them.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Steve, in my opinion, wanted Roxy to be safe at all times and wanted the best for her. However, I wouldn't go so far as to declare that I would adore being in a relationship where there is no communication since I believe it would be inappropriate. Roxy, in my opinion, genuinely liked Steve.
Chinenye Sus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Chinenye Sus »

At first, their love and relationship seemed healthy, but clearly examining it shows that it was just borderline toxic.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

The major problem about Steve and Roxy's relationship is that they found it difficult to understand each other. Their love was healthy attimes and toxic attimes.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

I think that it was unhealthy since Steve's sole reason for making some of the choices he made was because he was afraid to lose her and wanted to impress her. While on the other hand Roxy was making no compromises for him. It seemed like a one-sided relationship to me.
Melissa Best
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: Love and Marriage
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-best.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Martin Wyatt

Post by Melissa Best »

Neither, but towards the end, I don't think they should have continued their relationship together. Steve was more in love with the idea of Roxy than Roxy herself. Roxy was in love with Steve before he began to grow. As graduated adults, they truly didn't seem compatible.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

It wasn't as bad as toxic. But it certainly wasnt healthy, especially for Steve.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Love stories necessitate a small concession from both parties. I believe Steve wanted Roxy to have the greatest life possible and to be safe. The lack of communication in their love story, however, had an impact on their relationship. Roxy's affection for Steve, in my opinion, was genuine.
Monkeymoney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monkeymoney.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monkeymoney »

At the early time, I found their relationship to be perfect, not until Steve signed up for the police work. I can say the relationship became soar, but I can't really call it a toxic one.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”