Do you think the author has given a realistic reason to make Steve change his mind from learning the law.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Do you think the author has given a realistic reason to make Steve change his mind from learning the law.

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Steve's main reason to join the police force was to be near Roxy. He just tried to get a more realistic reason by trying to convince himself that he is doing it to make a real difference and stop police corruption. I believe that he could have made a difference as well by joining law school.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I will say that Steve had his own ideas and considered making a difference rather than merely becoming a lawyer when there are already lawyers everywhere. He decided to take the risk and pursue what he believed to be the greatest course for a better system.
Peace Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I think it was worth postponing his law school. Joining the providence department to eliminate corruption is a good reason to postpone his law school.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

no idea made me think that he was right to change his studies so drastically.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

I think Steve's change of mind is justifiable enough. He wanted to bring change into society, which I think is quite admirable.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Although I thought it was a bit of a severe step to make given that Steve was almost finished with law school, I can appreciate that some individuals simply cannot ignore certain events in their lives when they happen. I do support the author in this because these are crucial moments that shouldn't be missed.
Ignesta Ignetius
Currently Reading: A Dream for Peace
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignesta-ignetius.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Ignesta Ignetius »

The book had lots of character development flaws. The reason for Steve's joining the police force was compelling because it bothers on love for Roxy and wanting to impact positive change, which is quite relatable but the story buildup and characters lacked depth.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

He stayed back for two reasons. One of which was to fight corruption which is admirable, especially because He got positive results. However, his second reason which was Roxy was not a good enough reason, because his staying back cost him the relationship he was trying to keep safe.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”