How often do people lose their faith in God after a traumatic experience?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2022 Book of the Month "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo
Pretty Nicholas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretty-nicholas.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: How often do people lose their faith in God after a traumatic experience?

Post by Pretty Nicholas »

People lose their faith at every slightest challenge they face. Coming to having faith in God, can only be achieved by reading the Holy Scriptures. From Tripodo did a whole lot of spiritual therapies that built his faith and gave him confidence.
Chika Eleanor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-eleanor.html

Post by Chika Eleanor »

Most people tends to lose their faith in God during traumatic experience, when what they are hoping on is not something that is coming speedily the way they expected. Sometimes, it could be as a result of losing a loved one that has gone through a terrible sickness even when every measure of faith was experessed.
Chika Eleanor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-eleanor.html

Post by Chika Eleanor »

As a Christian challenges are bound to happen, but most times we tend to face some that shake our faith in God. Traumatic experience like losing a loved one, fire outbreak etc
Pretty Nicholas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretty-nicholas.html

Post by Pretty Nicholas »

In these modern days, I think there are still people who still exercise rugged faith like Ron Tripodo. This is also applicable to Christians who know God and what He is capable of. I wish I can be that optimistic and strong in challenges like this.
John Ikenwanze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-ikenwanze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by John Ikenwanze »

Hardly do Christians lose their faith because of life difficulties. They stand firm and hold on to faith as a means to survive the trying times. Of course this is the basis of the Christian faith.
Abdul-Malik Hassan
Favorite Author: Linnea Tanner
Currently Reading: How to jumpstart your faith in 21 days!
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul-malik-hassan.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 79732

Post by Abdul-Malik Hassan »

I am a Muslim by conversion. As someone who was born and raised in a Catholic family, I can relate to the experiences Christians undergo as a result of their faith. I do believe that faith has the power to make someone overcome a traumatic experience. Tripodo's faith is a good example of how faith manifests. God is there for a purpose. I think we encounter challenges for a reason. They make us grow and evolve as individuals in some form of adaptation.
Having experienced the loss of a loved one at some point in my life, I had to turn to religion to seek guidance. Faith is a major component of religious belief. And I do believe that it's the key driving force on the journey to recovery.
Anna_1203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-1203.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Anna_1203 »

I've heard that people often lose their faith after a traumatic experience, although this is probably an individual thing because I've also heard of people sticking with their faith to survive after trauma.
James Fx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fx.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by James Fx »

I think people loosing or holding into their faith depends on how strong they were before the loss and how strong they are to recover. We have people who loses their momentarily, in the heat and pain of that moment, especially those who might have fasted and prayed a lot.

It’s rare to see people still holding strong to their faith like Tripodo here.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

Tripodo's faith and every other christian who stick with God even after experiencing souch trauma is an extraordinary one because so many people backslide because of the challenges they face. When they pray and it seems like answers are not coming, they lose their faith in God. Only few stick with God after going through so much and this is why they find stories like this worth sharing and even acting in other to encourage others.
Aivy Daylig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivy-daylig.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Aivy Daylig »

When faced with a circumstance where they felt so helpless and things didn't turn out the way they expected them to, some people have a tendency to lose faith. They even frequently hold God accountable for all the tragedies they have experienced. We merely desired a target to lay blame upon. It is difficult for individuals to maintain their faith when things don't turn out the way they expected them to because faith is based on things that are unseen.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Most people has always known God as their anchor throughout their entire. So, when difficulties and storm appears, they still held onto God. It doesn’t mean they are better and they face any less. Our faith is stronger than each other. And we have different enduring strength.

Those that loses their faith too aren’t bad. They just couldn’t continue. There’s no one to blame for their loss, except God. Some would later come through the pain and come back to God while some become atheist.
kim farrell 1
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-farrell-1.html
Latest Review: The Dream Primer by Jeff Meyer
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by kim farrell 1 »

I am not sure if you can answer this mathematically probably more than a person would want to admit. Until I was pregnant with my son I believed their couldn't be a God and then I was blessed with my son and I knew there was I denied he existed because of my pain. I knew I was wrong even if everything you read is not true or provable the world is too full of amazing beauty to not acknowledge some kind of power greater than ourselves. I'm not sure if it faith in God we lose or faith in the power we lose when we have no power, no control over events. That we are only human and bring human we want everything the way we think it should be and if we can't it must be someone else's fault. Just like a father to a child we may not like everything he says. He may not like everything we do but he loves us unconditionally. That is an amazing thing. It really is.
Candice 1984
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-candice-1984.html
Latest Review: Of the Earth by Kim Cousins

Post by Candice 1984 »

I believe it's a 50\50 chance. There are those who become even closer to God because it got them through that difficult time. Some who come to Christ thinking that they couldn't make it through without believing in a higher power.
Next there are those who lose faith and those who completely denounce God all together because the God they are taught about says that God's plans are for your good. How can that be when you have suffered extreme violence, disease, rape,or the death of a loved one?
Dianë Godwill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dian-godwill.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Dianë Godwill »

think that perhaps the reason you’ve seen many stories about people maintaining faith after a loss is uncommon, and when it’s experience, it’s documented. Speaking from personal experience: my husband was raised Catholic

Return to “Discuss "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo”