More information about Patsy and Linda

Use this forum to discuss the September 2022 Book of the Month "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Re: More information about Patsy and Linda

Post by Glory_C »

I wish the author could rewrite this book and give details of Patsy's life before the illness. However, in actual reality, o think the writer intends to leave some questions unanswered, as this adds to the uniqueness of the book.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

Yes, I definitely wished I got to know about Patsy's life before the illness. Being sick alters one's personality, and I would have loved of Ron gave us more insight on the woman he fell in love with just as he told us the woman he was still in love with.
Dinabry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dinabry.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Dinabry »

I really needed to know more about the two. The writer should have added more details.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

In my opinion The book is perfect as it is. Nothing should be added or removed. The author have his reasons for leaving it this way and it's helpful regardless of whether there should be more information on Patsy or not.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I do agree with your point, but I believe only the author can relate to that. But from his novel about Pasty, I think he gave enough detail needed about Pasty.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

laura_mcc wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 21:10 Did anyone else feel that they wished they knew more about Patsy's life and personality before the illness? I wished Ron Tripodo had spoken more about Patsy's life and relationships before the illness and how they changed after the illness. I also felt that his descriptions of Linda were kind, but did not reflect the enormous sacrifice that she made to care for Patsy. One way to honor this sacrifice would be to describe her personality, thoughts, and feelings while she was caring for Patsy.
I agree with you on this. I felt the author should have done a bit more as regards this aspect.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

I thought I was the only one that was silently curious to know about Patsy's life prior to the illness. But I guess the intention of the author, Ron, in the first place was to document the difficult but victorious journey that they both went through during her illness. Also, I'm sure that if he included the efforts of Linda and others, then there would be just soo much to talk about.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

I, too, thought on how things were before Patsy's illness, but because the story is primarily about Ron, his love, and his beliefs, the narrative was satisfactory to me. Also the few reminiscent of their past is enough for me to ouline how Patsy was.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

I believe that we are in complete agreement. The work might become overly wordy and thorough as a result, though, on second thought. In its current form, I adore the book.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

Yeah , it would have been nice to have a little glimpse into her life. However, the book is still amazing without that part.
Chika Eleanor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-eleanor.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chika Eleanor »

Patsy is the wife of Ron Trippodo who was diagnosed of a life threatening sickness that almost took her life. Linda is Patsy friend that supported during this whole issues
Pretty Nicholas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretty-nicholas.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Pretty Nicholas »

I think people should endeavor to create and maintain good friendships. It's very paramount for our well-being and success. Linda was a good friend to Patsy. I really wished Ron Tripodo will tell us more about Patsy before her ailment. Anyways, the book is amazing.
James Fx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fx.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by James Fx »

I think the author thought that’s not the main aim of the story, or else he would have added it. That aspect would be too wordy.

Return to “Discuss "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo”