More information about Patsy and Linda

Use this forum to discuss the September 2022 Book of the Month "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo
kampen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kampen.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: More information about Patsy and Linda

Post by kampen »

Yes, I'm one of the readers that wished they had known more about Patsy's life and character before he developed the condition. I believe the description of Linda was accurate. I didn't think it was necessary to go into more detail about her than what the author provided.
Ilaibi Alambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-chineke_3967459.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ilaibi Alambo »

laura_mcc wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 21:10 Did anyone else feel that they wished they knew more about Patsy's life and personality before the illness? I wished Ron Tripodo had spoken more about Patsy's life and relationships before the illness and how they changed after the illness. I also felt that his descriptions of Linda were kind, but did not reflect the enormous sacrifice that she made to care for Patsy. One way to honor this sacrifice would be to describe her personality, thoughts, and feelings while she was caring for Patsy.
No need. It will just make the book unnecessarily voluminous.
Hakeem nuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakeem-nuel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hakeem nuel »

I agree with you Laura. I would have loved to know more about Patsy and Linda. I felt the author could have spoken more about them, especially Patsy before the illness.
Kingsley Obinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Kingsley Obinna »

laura_mcc wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 21:10 Did anyone else feel that they wished they knew more about Patsy's life and personality before the illness? I wished Ron Tripodo had spoken more about Patsy's life and relationships before the illness and how they changed after the illness. I also felt that his descriptions of Linda were kind, but did not reflect the enormous sacrifice that she made to care for Patsy. One way to honor this sacrifice would be to describe her personality, thoughts, and feelings while she was caring for Patsy.
I honestly don't think there's any need for that. It will only make the book bulky.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

I also believe that Patsy's life before the disease should have been given more context. I would have liked to have known Patsy without worry and illness and to see how her personality was without the interference of that terrible disease. 
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

I do feel like it would've been nice to know more about patsy's life and how she was before the illness came in. It would be nice to know more about her personality. The same thing goes for Linda.
Wren Michaels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wren-michaels.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Wren Michaels »

Ian Muchiri wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 10:32 Hello Laura, I also wished to interact with Patsy's character before the ailment. I wanted to know whether she was as loving to Ron as he was.
Yes perhaps some 'flashbacks' would have been of benefit.
Abimbola Oladokun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abimbola-oladokun.html
Latest Review: Diabolus In Musica by Richard Rees

Post by Abimbola Oladokun »

It's true that Patsy's life before her sickness would have been nice to know because it would have given us an insight about her true self before all of the issues that happened.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

I think the book is okay the way it is but if the addition is necessary I think it will make the book more detailed to readers. The book is nice this way.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

Yes. It would have been good to get some backstory about her life before she got sick. We could get a sense of the type of person she was. Was she as loving as her husband? What did she hate? What did she like?
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I think it would have been nice to know more about patsy! However, I feel like throwing in too much information about her also could distract from the primary purpose of the book
kingwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingwriter.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by kingwriter »

You have a point there too. I believe that will be an idea they would be nursing. Ron should have spoken and been more open about Patsy's personality before her sickness. also, her description of Linda was not totally justified considering her care and sacrifice for patsy.
Ben Filla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-filla.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Ben Filla »

Yeah you are right. However, it doesn't change anything. Linda is a spectacular woman who stood by his partner despite going through hard times.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

As someone who believes in a balanced story - hearing from two or more parties - I would like to hear Patsy's view about her husband, what she finds more attractive about him, and how has his continuous show of love towards her helped in getting over the most difficult period of her life.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

This is a mater of personal opinion or how each reader would perceive this lack. However no element of enjoyment or interest removed as a result. The book still communicate wholesomely.

Return to “Discuss "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo”