Overall rating and opinion of "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Overall rating and opinion of "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the October 2022 Book of the month, In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.
What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I rated this fantastic book 4 out of 4 stars. I found this non-fiction book to be inspirational, and it made me think. I enjoyed the humor throughout the book because it helped make it feel more personal. My favorite part was about the mirror. As I have gotten older, mirrors are not my friend. However, after reading this book, I do not mind mirrors as much because my true self is what is inside me, not the cover. The cover is perfect for the title. There was nothing I disliked about this book, and my copy of it is going to be on my coffee table where it will be easily seen by my friends. I am eager for the many discussions we are going to have.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 12:28 I rated this fantastic book 4 out of 4 stars. I found this non-fiction book to be inspirational, and it made me think. I enjoyed the humor throughout the book because it helped make it feel more personal. My favorite part was about the mirror. As I have gotten older, mirrors are not my friend. However, after reading this book, I do not mind mirrors as much because my true self is what is inside me, not the cover. The cover is perfect for the title. There was nothing I disliked about this book, and my copy of it is going to be on my coffee table where it will be easily seen by my friends. I am eager for the many discussions we are going to have.
Thank you for this. I enjoyed reading this book too. I'm really not sure what my favorite part was since I enjoyed the whole book. But the opening question has got me thinking. This question reads, "If you went to sleep in your body in your bed with your memories, and awoke in my body in my bed with my memories, would you notice a difference? Would there even be a difference to notice? "

I'm actually convinced we may be our memories. It's a thought-provoking question. I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars too.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 too. I am usually not one to read anything about philosophy, but I found this book intriguing, and I loved the subtle humor. Although I didn't necessarily agree with everything, I enjoyed reading and reviewing this book! I plan to reread it and see how I feel about it the second time around!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Tonia Freeman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 756
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonia-freeman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tonia Freeman »

Brenda Creech wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 04:50 I rated this book 4 out of 4 too. I am usually not one to read anything about philosophy, but I found this book intriguing, and I loved the subtle humor. Although I didn't necessarily agree with everything, I enjoyed reading and reviewing this book! I plan to reread it and see how I feel about it the second time around!
It does seem like the type of book that could be read more than once and each time would be a different experience.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Tonia Freeman wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 13:43
Brenda Creech wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 04:50 I rated this book 4 out of 4 too. I am usually not one to read anything about philosophy, but I found this book intriguing, and I loved the subtle humor. Although I didn't necessarily agree with everything, I enjoyed reading and reviewing this book! I plan to reread it and see how I feel about it the second time around!
It does seem like the type of book that could be read more than once and each time would be a different experience.
I agree. I am looking forward to reading it the second time to hopefully get a better understanding. I am not what you would call a 'deep thinker' so I will take my time the next time and ponder on things longer!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I enjoyed your review. The book as a whole is a wonderful thought provoking process. Each chapter had me questioning myself or my views of the world. Thank you for you review.
Silvio Omutsiambo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvo.html
Latest Review: Beyond Abuse by Martha DuSage

Post by Silvio Omutsiambo »

I am currently halfway and so far 4/4. My thinking has just been dismantled and is now being reatached with a new revelation.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

I just bought the book a few days ago. I will start reading it soon. But looking at the title of the book alone left a powerful message for me: we are in this world together united by common pains, aspirations, longings. I must say this: the title of this book is a potent message on its own; one doesn't even need to read the book before taking in the thematic preoccupation of this book.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

I thought this was a thought-provoking book from the beginning. When I read and reviewed it I gave it a 4 out of 4 stars. There were so many interesting concepts about different issues! I don't agree with everything in the book, however it is extremely well-written and edited which made for a delightful read!
B. Creech
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

I would rate this book four out of four stars on the OBC platform and five out of five stars on the Amazon platform. My opinion of this book is that it is a powerful material with a potent message to effect great positive changes in humanity.
Christina Pertz
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Christina Pertz »

I'm struggling to finish this book. I picked it based on a review i read, I don't remember who's review, but it was very positive and inspirational. Unfortunately part of me wants to quit reading this and the other part is determined to finish it. I rarely quit reading books, however this is so far beyond the norm for me with regards to the subject matter. I wish I understood it the way the majority here are saying.
OTrain Disene
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

I liked that the text was very catchy and easy to understand. Even someone who is new to philosophy would feel welcomed. I love the pace of was moving it. It was steady throughout, although it started slow. A full stars because it was professionally edited. Definitely would recommend to anyone who enjoy good books.
Danielle Briggs
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-briggs.html
Latest Review: Moonlit Nights by Jacob Parr

Post by Danielle Briggs »

I rated this book a 4 out of 4.There were some great points made and his theories made me think! I am not much of a philosophical reader, so some part confused me, but I do not blame it one Hughes, since he used such simple and clear language when explaining his thought process!
MAUREEN WAMBUI NJUKI
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maureen-wambui-njuki.html
Latest Review: Praesidium by McKinley Aspen

Post by MAUREEN WAMBUI NJUKI »

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes explored topics that were deep and intriguing. Topics such as how to address temptations and the importance of living in the moment to achieve true inner peace. However, I rated it 3 out of 4 stars because of the many repetitions of concept explanations. The many unnecessary examples used to emphasize an idea also contributed to my overall rating. However, I found the author's style very friendly and light-hearted. My greatest takeaway from the book was the concept of the relationship between temporal selves. The discussion on temporal selfishness, temporal enabling, and true conscious love was mind-blowing for me. I plan to re-read the book after a while to refresh the knowledge I picked up on my first read and to see what I may have missed.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”