Overall rating and opinion of "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Nyam Bura »

I gave this book a rating of four out of four stars. I would sum up my overall lesson from it with the words: "Life is what you make it." I am definitely recommending this book to all my friends because it is a great eye opener.
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

I really enjoyed reading In It Together. It was full of valuable information and insight. I appreciated the bits of humor throughout the book. The paragraph format was easy to read; the cover was a perfect fit. In It Together taught me a lot and for that I am grateful. For these reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend everyone read In It Together, especially those looking to find inner peace.
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

I am still reading the book, so I may not be able to give my objective and comprehensive opinion or rating of it. But so far so good, the ideas explored in this boom are insightful and amazing.
Wale Tobi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Wale Tobi »

I has been a pretty great experience reading this book, though the some philosophical concepts used to buttress some points in this book are hard for me to understand. However, this book is insightful; it has opened my mind to some new never-thought about issues and perspectives.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

To be honest I found the book to be lacking nuance and sensitivity. In those examples where he references a person hitting their spouse in the face of the frying pan and then asking for forgiveness the following day, I thought those parts were insensitive towards people who have suffered abuse and don't pay an accurate picture of what is abuse in the world today. Also I found the use of the phrase third world offensive it's not in the modern parlance when talking about countries today.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

This book earned a perfect rating of four out four stars from me. I believe that the premise of the book is very inspiring and enlightening especially during these current times where division is highlighted everywhere. Most of us believe that unity and a community approach will lead the human race to prosperity. My favorite aspect of the book was the variety of quotes and references that inspire and motivate the reader. Therefore, I would recommend this book to open minded individuals who seek higher truths.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I found the book inspirational. My favorite part of the book was the author's thoughts on letting go and putting down the burden of other people's decisions. My least favorite part was the repetition of ideas in the book, but I understood that the author was trying to drive home a point and make it memorable. I would definitely recommend this book to people searching for inner peace as it has great concepts that touch on themes such as loving yourself and others.
HoneyBea
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybea.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by HoneyBea »

I rated this book 2 out of 4 stars. There wasn't much in the book that I connected with, except for a small part about when you're in real and true love it's because you are consciously choosing to love the other person. Clearly, most other people really enjoyed this book. So, in the end, I think it just wasn't for me.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

I do like this book. There are profound and deep truths. The author speaks to "beauty in struggles" as there are many who cannot see it. When you are going through your problems, its difficult to see the beauty. What one sees is the grief and feel the pain. One needs others to guide you, thus the book "In It together".
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

I rarely read non fiction books but I started reading In It Together, and this book just came to me at a much needed time. The theories and philosophies are very relatable and not at all preachy. Definitely recommend.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

I’m thankful many found this book inspiring. As a believer, there were some things he wrote that I disagreed with and found his statement that this book is for everyone to be incorrect. I did walk away with some thoughtful insights, though, so it was not a waste.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

The life they say is filled with ups and downs, joys, successes, and beautiful moments, but common struggles are binding us together. This book made me see life from a different perspective and also appreciate life more. I didn't dislike any part of it. The non-fiction genre was added to it. I recommend it to lovers of new knowledge.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

The life they say is filled with ups and downs, joys, successes, and beautiful moments, but common struggles are binding us together. This book made me see life from a different perspective and also appreciate life more. I didn't dislike any part of it. The non-fiction genre was added to it. I recommend it to lovers of new knowledge because they will be intrigued by the content of this book.
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

I think what I liked most about this book would be the fact that it is inspiring. This book made me think long and hard at some point any way. Hughes used an easy to understand approach. That's why I rate this book 4 out of 4.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

This thought-provoking book goes in to great depth to make you think about the world problems and to be honest at times this book was a bit too deep for my tastes even though the author added a bit of humour. I also did not always understand what was being said.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”