What was your favorite quote?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Re: What was your favorite quote?

Post by Lauren Hanna »

Silvo wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:47 "You are not a human being having a spiritual experience; you are a spiritual being having a human experience," by Dr. Wayne Dyer. This quote just overturned my thinking and self-perception.
This is one of my favorite quotes too! It puts things into a different perspective.
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

There were several quotes in the book that I loved. My favorite was “A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness” by Albert Einstein.
Maryam Newman
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryam-newman.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Maryam Newman »

My favourite quote is, "Silly ego, choices are for spirits."

To me, this is the most powerful bit of information in the entire book, because that is precisely how you free yourself: to realise that your thoughts and feelings are not who you truly are and do not determine your path. That you are free, always and in every situation, to choose to act or not act, to choose which action to take or not take. It displays perfectly and succinctly that most revolutionary idea: To be at peace, just stop fighting.

Not to mention the fact that I'm a serious Kill Bill fan :lol2:
Silvio Omutsiambo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvo.html
Latest Review: Beyond Abuse by Martha DuSage

Post by Silvio Omutsiambo »

Lauren Hanna wrote: 26 Oct 2022, 12:05
Silvo wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:47 "You are not a human being having a spiritual experience; you are a spiritual being having a human experience," by Dr. Wayne Dyer. This quote just overturned my thinking and self-perception.
This is one of my favorite quotes too! It puts things into a different perspective.
Yeah, 100℅ :)
Keshelton
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Nicole Krauss
Favorite Book: The History of Love
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2718

Post by Keshelton »

I also love that quote. It’s so important to keep in mind as you encounter all kinds of people every day going through different struggles. Some hide it perfectly, but some can’t help but let it show. We all deserve some grace.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

"To accept death as much as birth is liberating."

I love this quote because I've always been fascinated with birth and death. It's natural to take birth and die. They (Birth and Death) happen to all of us. We don't remember how we were born and probably don't know how we died.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Wale Tobi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Wale Tobi »

To be sincere, I can't actually pinpoint my favourite quote in this book. When I thought I have read the most insightful, I come across another striking one. So I would say there are many amazing quotes in this book. However, I would say that the title of this book: "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" is one of my best lines in this book.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

Ruthhagar Tsikata wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 12:07 Favorite quote is :"truth is something that can be revealed not something that can be done". Truth is not an act but something that is always there and no matter how hard you might try to work around it, it will never change.
Might update as I continue reading 😃😃
This definitely the best quote of the book. When you consider all of the misinformation today, this gives me hope that facts and truth can survive.
Lindiwe Chakhala
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Rich Dad Poor Dad: Cashflow Quadrant
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindiwe-chakhala.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Lindiwe Chakhala »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 12:34 There are many quotes in this book that give the reader a lot to think about. My favorite was "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle," by Rev. Dr. John Watson. This quote made me think about the rude person I may encounter in a store, or the rude customer service representative who appears short tempered and unconcerned. What is going on in their lives that may be affecting them? What was your favorite quote?
This was also my favorite quote. I have a few other favorite quotes. One is by Dr. Wayne Dyer, "You are not a human being having a spiritual experience; you are a spiritual being having a human experience." This quote aligns with my cultural beliefs. The second is the Serenity Prayer, "Lord, please grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Applying this wisdom in our lives will definitely help us to achieve peace.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

AkshiP wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 15:16 My favourite quote was: "Do not take anything personally" by Don Miguel Ruiz. It is so simple but made me think about how what people do is a reflection of their lives and emotional state.
This is my favorite quote as well, because it is so simple, yet very true. There have been way too many times when I overcomplicated situations or blamed myself for things that had nothing to do with me at all. By just not taking things personally, one can save themselves so much extra drama or hassle.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle is also my favorite. This quote has motivated me to take up psychiatric studies as a sub speciality. I'm happy i came across this quote in this book.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

There are many quotes from the book that I like. This one "The battle is mostly, if not entirely, inside" is truthful. If we can conquer the mind and things that enter therein, we can conquer the world and change humanity!
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

My favourite quote is the one about truth being something that can be revealed not something that can be done. It resonated with me deeply.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Laney K »

:eusa-think:
Pauline Parnell wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 20:16 There are many quotes from the book that I like. This one "The battle is mostly, if not entirely, inside" is truthful. If we can conquer the mind and things that enter therein, we can conquer the world and change humanity!
I also really liked this quote! The internal self is such an important struggle that most people have to deal with.
Hannah Jones 8
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Cruising Through The Teens, Easier Than It Seems
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-jones-8.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Hannah Jones 8 »

My favourite quote is from In It Together "the greedy always starve, damned to a living hell that is their own insatiability". I feel this affords the reader the opportunity for self-introspection or simple observation of others.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”