What was your favorite quote?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

What was your favorite quote?

Post by Bertha Jackson »

There are many quotes in this book that give the reader a lot to think about. My favorite was "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle," by Rev. Dr. John Watson. This quote made me think about the rude person I may encounter in a store, or the rude customer service representative who appears short tempered and unconcerned. What is going on in their lives that may be affecting them? What was your favorite quote?
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a great quote. I liked it too. My favorite quote was from Albert Einstein's letter to Norman Salit. Part of it reads, "... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner peace. "
I like how if focuses on compassion and togetherness for all creatures.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

My favorite is the Sufi proverb: "When the ego weeps for what it has lost, the spirit rejoices for what it has found." When we put aside our false selves (ego), we feel freer and can be happy in whatever state we are in. That just seemed to speak to me when I read the book!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

My favourite quote is: The world only seems so cold and dark sometimes because you are so bright. It tells me that whatever harsh situations I might be experiencing now, it's not my fault but because of the potential I got. They are meant to make me stronger so I can shine brighter.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Melissa Jane wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 14:04 This is a great quote. I liked it too. My favorite quote was from Albert Einstein's letter to Norman Salit. Part of it reads, "... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner peace. "
I like how if focuses on compassion and togetherness for all creatures.
I liked this one as well. I had a hard time deciding which one was my favorite.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Brenda Creech wrote: 02 Oct 2022, 10:56 My favorite is the Sufi proverb: "When the ego weeps for what it has lost, the spirit rejoices for what it has found." When we put aside our false selves (ego), we feel freer and can be happy in whatever state we are in. That just seemed to speak to me when I read the book!
I had a hard time deciding. I liked this one too.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Ambrose John wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 18:11 My favourite quote is: The world only seems so cold and dark sometimes because you are so bright. It tells me that whatever harsh situations I might be experiencing now, it's not my fault but because of the potential I got. They are meant to make me stronger so I can shine brighter.
I liked this one but it wasn't one of my favorites.
Ruthhagar Tsikata
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Alpaca In The Backa’ My Car
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthhagar-tsikata.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ruthhagar Tsikata »

Favorite quote is :"truth is something that can be revealed not something that can be done". Truth is not an act but something that is always there and no matter how hard you might try to work around it, it will never change.
Might update as I continue reading 😃😃
benovic001
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by benovic001 »

The Sufi proverb speaks to me: "When the ego weeps for what it has lost, the spirit rejoices for what it has found." I had my foot amputated in March. Although it looks strange to me, I rejoice in the fact that I am now pain free. This really rings true for me.
Silvio Omutsiambo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvo.html
Latest Review: Beyond Abuse by Martha DuSage

Post by Silvio Omutsiambo »

"You are not a human being having a spiritual experience; you are a spiritual being having a human experience," by Dr. Wayne Dyer. This quote just overturned my thinking and self-perception.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

My favourite quote is this: "I believe there is one common human struggle in which, whether we like it or not, we find ourselves united, all on the same side, for better or worse." - Eckhart Aurelius Hughes. If the entirety of human race understand the wisdom in these words and live by it, the world will experience absolute bliss and progress.
Eden Ige 1
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eden-ige-1.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Eden Ige 1 »

My favourite quote from the book is: “The whole world is an eternal work of art, and we are the creative loving artists.” ~Eckhart Hughes. I totally agree that we are the artists of the world 🌍.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Post by Akshi Porwal »

My favourite quote was: "Do not take anything personally" by Don Miguel Ruiz. It is so simple but made me think about how what people do is a reflection of their lives and emotional state.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Gosh, I loved the opening letter, first sentence... "I believe there is a force of unbelievable love and goodness deep within you, and that force is you more than anything is you." So powerful! It pulled me right into the book, immediately.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 12:34 There are many quotes in this book that give the reader a lot to think about. My favorite was "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle," by Rev. Dr. John Watson. This quote made me think about the rude person I may encounter in a store, or the rude customer service representative who appears short tempered and unconcerned. What is going on in their lives that may be affecting them? What was your favorite quote?
I loved this quote, "Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen." I'm currently mourning my grandma's death and this quote reasonated so much with what I currently feel, especially considering the fact that she succumbed to stroke.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”