Why I am SO passionate about this book (In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Re: Why I am SO passionate about this book (In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All)

Post by Rob White »

You are a messenger of the truth, Scott. Your passion comes from fulfilling on that mission.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

It's been a few weeks since but this book is still very loved. It forces the mind to think deeply and ask profoundly freeing questions. I guess your mission is a success Scott.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I'm happy I signed up for this site. With this book, you most surely surpassed yourself. You have every reason to be pleased with what you've done and are doing with this book. Even while it's easy to grasp and straightforward enough for anyone to enjoy, it's packed with ideas to help us improve ourselves. Nice work.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

I think I was too touched reading this and seeing why you are very emotional about this book. Thank you again. We can't say it enough. I admire all you do for humanity. This book was very timely.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Trusting People by Guy De Furia Ph D

Post by Vivian Writes »

The part where you wrote about not wanting to inflate “Scott Hughes’ already inflated ego” made me laugh. But I must say that In it Together is such a meaningful project. There are many different lessons for different readers to grasp and chew on. You’re absolutely right that the book has the power to drastically change lives. Your hard work has also paid off, as the book has become a No 1 bestseller. Well done!
Shut-Eye Shares
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shut-eye-shares.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Shut-Eye Shares »

Hello,
Why did you go about this book in such a violent way for a self-help book?

"We are vampires who no longer resist our lifestyle of disregard for human life and human suffering." (9)

"In what ways-really- is a self-serving politician sucking at the profitable teat of the violent military-industrial complex different than a literal vampire murdering children?"

Why do you describe humans as "silly primitive flesh," "fleshy material (105)," and so on?
"Most of your human body is not even your brain. It's mostly a meaty sack of dumb ocean water that grew legs (81)." Is this self-loving or hating? What about the "love your body movement?"

On the book’s sleeve, there are reviews that say, "Written with a lot of heart." How is, "Simple psychopath selfishness is not what causes a wealthy neglected trust-fund baby to cut her wrists vertically, bleeding out to death by her own hand, crying (24)," written with a lot of heart?

And these other quotes...
"Another example of manic-like loving overcompensation-taken from the spatial instead of the temporal side of things-would be the grand gestures made by a textbook repeat physical abuser, such as buying expensive flowers for the victim the next morning, after repeatedly slapping the victim with a frying pan the prior night (53)."

"Accept and love the dark side of life too. If you look in the mirror and see a human with tears in his or her eyes, or a bloody smile, love that human just the same, more maybe.
Just love it all.
Love everything (166)." This one sent a creepy chill down my spine. Why is this so violent and manic?

"If the truth hurts the body and ego, then laugh in disobedient glee as the honest truth beats you bloody (167)."

For people who are in a dark place and questioning their life right now, how is this enlightening or motivational?

Thank you for your time.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”