Are you bilingual? I can pay you to translate my book, "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All"

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Are you bilingual? I can pay you to translate my book, "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All"

Post by Scott »

I'm going to get my book translated into as many different languages as possible.

If you are bilingual, meaning you are completely fluent in English and completely fluent in at least one other language besides English, please reply to this topic let me know the language(s) in which you are fluent.

Needless to say, please only reply if you are interested in translating the book. You will be paid for your work. The amount isn't set yet. I'll contact those who apply and meet my criteria, and I'll take bids. One option will be a royalty deal in which the translator gets the majority of the royalties from the sales of the translated version of the book.

To be considered for this, you must have actually bought and read my book, In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All.

I also ask that you only apply if you actually love the book and agree with its overall message, which would also mean that you feel you genuinely understand its message since one cannot really agree with something one doesn't understand.

Experience translating books is not necessary. I'd rather work with someone who has no experience translating books but who understands and firmly agrees with my message than vice versa.

In other words, I don't simply want to work with people who are fluent in English and another language. That is also a requirement, but it is even more important to me that I work with people who get me, who really get me and really get this book.

I'm not just looking for someone to blindly translate my book word for word, or even sentence for sentence. But rather I'm looking for someone who can truly take in the meaning of this book and then express that meaning in another language, even if that requires taking many liberties in terms of paraphrasing.

This person would work directly with me, so they could ask me directly if they have questions about what I mean by something in the book or how I feel about a certain liberty they want to take while translating (e.g. using a totally different metaphor or analogy than I used somewhere to explain something). I'd rather someone change my words to preserve my meaning, than keep the words and lose the real meaning.

So, if you think this is the job for you, then reply below to let me know what languages you speak fluently.
Attachments
translators-needed.png
translators-needed.png (679.47 KiB) Viewed 7998 times
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I speak both Swahili and English fluently. I would be honoured to translate your book.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 608
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I'm fluent in English and Afrikaans, so I would love to be give this opportunity please๐Ÿ™.
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Shadow Song
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

I have been teaching English for 34 years. I love reading, I love your book and I would be honoured to translate it into Romanian.
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I love the message that you convey through your book. And I would love to help in translating it from English to Sinhala ๐Ÿ˜Š
Gabriela Contreras
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriela Contreras »

I have not finished the book yet, but I love it so far (and I am sure I will love it when I have finished it). My native language is Spanish, but I am also fluent in English. I would be honored to translate it and work with you as you are an inspiration, and your book's message is one that completely resonates with me.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 979
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Hi Scott.

I am fluent in English, Bengali, and Hindi. I would be honored to get the opportunity to translate the book. The message of In It Together resonates with me, and I believe it should reach as many people as possible.

Though I have not translated a book in a professional level yet, I had done my final year college thesis on comparative literature and translation studies. Hence, I understand the importance of preserving the meaning whilst translating to another language.

If given the opportunity, I promise to give my 100% in preserving the essence of the book while translating.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I would love to work with you to translate this book into Hindi. I'm still reading the book. Though I haven't done any professional translation work before, I think I can do justice to this book because I'm re-reading many parts and decipher something new each time.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

I will love to translate In It Together to French. Thank you for the opportunity.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Post by Seamstress »

I am not a professional translator, but I am a writer myself and I am most well read, practiced and comfortable with Russian. I would be delighted to give it a try.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

I am super grateful for being a part of this movement to heal humanity. It is great to read you are more interested in those who really understand the motivations behind writing this book.
BlossomingIris
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by BlossomingIris »

As soon as I read about this opportunity, the first thing that I thought of was how wonderful it would be for my parents to read this book in their language. Usually, books I love are not translated in Spanish. I would love to translate this book and help give others an understanding of themselves and others.
Boyko Ovcharov
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Boyko Ovcharov
Favorite Book: The Proximity of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1420
fav_author_id: 33385

Post by Boyko Ovcharov »

Hi dear Scott,

That's a great idea, congrats.
My mother tongue is Bulgarian and I translate various texts from time to time mainly from and to English, apart from my English/business teaching job. However, you may decide if you would like to target such a relatively small market in Europe with highly educated readers, though. As you might know, it will take some time to properly translate it. Also, I think you need to get in touch with some local publishers in terms of marketing and distribution; for it is not an easy market, on top of that.
Anyway, I do not have much free time, but if you are interested we could discuss it further, when time is right.

Best regards,
Boyko
Maria Silva
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In Search of Our Mothers' Gardens
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-silva.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Maria Silva »

Hi!

I'm fluent in English and Portuguese (my mother tongue) :)
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

I am more than inspired by all the great things you have been doing with this book. I will break this news to my friend, Abigail. She is such an avid reader and a lover of anything that has to do with literature. I am sure she will be excited to do this.

Return to โ€œDiscuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughesโ€