Are you bilingual? I can pay you to translate my book, "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All"

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach
Bookshelf Size: 2396
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Re: Are you bilingual? I can pay you to translate my book, "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All"

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Hi, Scott.
I'm fluent in English and a native Spanish speaker. I also have a Literature and Linguistics degree and a C1 Certificate from the British Council. I'm going to be honest: I bought the book and sent the verification email, but I haven't finished reading it. So far, I agree with everything except for the part where you state that the readers "biologically have a love-like sympathy for me." I do have sympathy for you but the human mind is a complex thing and it includes sociopaths, psychopaths, and other personality disorders in which the person struggles with empathy. I'm not a psychologist but I guess empathy is a prerequisite for sympathy. It's entirely possible you broach this aspect further on in the book. I'll soon find out. But it would be dishonest to pretend I agree with this point just to get the job. I would, indeed, love to work with such an enthusiastic, go-getter guy as you. So I hope you'll consider my message.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 604
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

So far I just love your book, I'm not done yet but honestly I can't wait to get home at night and read. So it would truly be an honor for me to work with you in translating this into Afrikaans. You are a true inspiration to me.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Will of the World
Bookshelf Size: 2290
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

Translating books used to be my dream for some years, but I never fulfilled it. I believe the message needs to be spread. My mother tongue is Czech and I would do my best to translate it.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hi Scott!

Please consider me to translate your book in Spanish! I am of Dominican decent (both my parents and generations back were born and raised there). Spanish is my second language and am teaching it to my children.

I’ve translated multiple children’s books in the past for family reading packets via a program I used to take part in in grad school. I would love to revisit my book translation skills by translating your book!

Most importantly, I do believe in the message you have shared in your book. 😊

Por favor considérame a traducir su libro en la idioma, español. ¡Será un placer ayudarte de esta manera! 😊
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

I am fluent in English and native Arabic speaker. I would love to translate your book. I am in the midst of reading it. And so far i am enjoying the content.
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Izzy Kruger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izzy-kruger.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Thomas Alfie

Post by Izzy Kruger »

Hi Scott! I am fluent in English, Afrikaans, Dutch and German, and would love to help you translate your wonderful book!
Mirlinda Lluka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mirlinda Lluka »

Hello,

I am fluent in English and my mother tongue is Albanian. I also speak Serbian language fluently. If there is an interest for translation into these two languages please contact me.

best
Linda
Claire Keogh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Claire Keogh »

How about Irish?
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nyam Bura »

I speak English and Swahili fluently. I would like to translate your book into Swahili.
Wale Tobi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Wale Tobi »

I am bilingual, but I don't think I can handle this job well. So I wouldn't want to jeopardize the message of this book. I will be looking out for friends who will be interested in doing this. Thank you for this amazing opportunity.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Post by Hager Salem »

I speak Arabic and would love to help.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

My wife and I work with translations of English to Portuguese and Portuguese to English. We will submit a proposal later this weekend.
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

Hello, I'm fluent in English and Hebrew (Hebrew is my native language), and I'd love to translate your book into Hebrew. I loved the book and was truly inspired by it. I'm at the beginning of my way as a professional translator (I'm a recent graduate of translation studies), and the main reason I chose to be a translator was because I wanted to translate books, fiction and nonfiction, that bring good to the world, whether it's by making people smile, inspiring them, or conveying beautiful messages that create positive change. Your book definitely does all the three. I'd be really grateful for the opportunity to translate your book, so please do contact me. Thank you.
Mirlinda Lluka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mirlinda Lluka »

I have written about audiobooks and also about translation but got no reply at all. Is there any chance that I can get a reply even if its negative.

Thank you.

Mirlinda
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

I speak English and Igbo fluently. However, have you considered getting this book translated to Pidgin English? A variation of English that originated from Nigeria because of their differences (over 250 ethnic groups and over 500 languages). Pidgin came about as a language that unites the entire country. But it has since spread to subsaharan Africa. This would make this wonderful book appealing to my people.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”