In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
bergcrew96
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

Post by bergcrew96 »

This book is a fantastic philosophical journey through many trials and tribulations we all struggle with. My favorite part of the book is that he doesn’t “should” all over people. The author makes suggestions and continues to explain why it is important to consider taking his advice but never says you should or shouldn’t do things.

I love the part of the discussion about good and evil not being straightforward or black and white. We so often judge people simply by a decision they have made and don’t ever look at the whole person. My background is in criminal justice, and so many people find themselves in awful situations because of poor decisions. Most people don’t realize that doesn’t define who they are; it is just a bad choice.

The sad analogy between starving children and the obesity epidemic is so true and really spoke to me about the state of affairs and how much of a difference we could all make if we first learned how to love our true conscious selves and then love others.

It has been a long time since I read a book that spoke to me about stripping away my material life and finding my true self. Most people are so busy running here and there but never stop to see what is truly important and rarely ever look at their naked consciousness.

So many of us wear so many different masks to deceive others which tends to become a prison. The author expertly pointed out why this is and how to look at it from a different perspective. Learning forgiveness and acceptance is so important in life to become a whole person. A life full of blood, sweat, and tears is certainly a life worth living. I love that quote from the author. This book was very nicely done.

The thing I struggle with the most is not being present. He points out how important it is to have future goals and how that works as a wonderful road map but to not let them define your entire present life. That is excellent advice, considering how many of us are struggling with the rat race and getting a head in life or just keeping our heads above water.

This brings me to this book's last point that resonated with me. “Do less better,” now that is a concept. Most of us try to fill our lives with so many things that we rarely have time to breathe, and I am one of them. My week is so full of so many different things that I barely have time for myself. This book has inspired me to slow down and really focus on becoming the me I always wanted to be and stop worrying about what everyone else wants me to be or wants from me. Learning the locus of control can be one of the most challenging parts of life. This author takes you through a step-by-step process of how to be strong enough to control what you can and not worry about what you can’t. This is an excellent book, and I highly recommend you take the time to read it. You never know; it might change your life.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

This was an excellent piece. I especially enjoyed the part of the book that talked about stripping away the changeable parts of ourselves (money, cars, clothes, etc.) and looking at what is truly left after all of it is gone. I have read this book once already, and I am thrilled to be reading it for a second time. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
SamanthaWebster
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Credence
Currently Reading: Tryst Six Venom
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthawebster.html
Latest Review: Gnomes Homes In a Jar by Big Initial Studios
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by SamanthaWebster »

I, too, enjoyed the fact that this book did not “should” or “outta” the reader to death. I fully appreciate a philosophical or self-discovery book that promotes critical thinking and allows the reader to be and think for themselves. This book is, simply put, amazing!
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

I enjoyed parts of it, but at times I found it repetitive. There are also parts in it that go against Christian thinking, so it wasn't a one-book-fits-all feel like the author claims it is. But, again, I did walk away with some good nuggets of wisdom to chew on. I'm glad this book is inspiring others. That was the author's goal.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I absolutely agree with everything you have said here! The comparision between starving children and the obesity acedemic is truly one that is heartbreaking and one I have never thought of before
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

This piece was fantastic. Scott did a great job with her. The section of the book that discussed eliminating the changeable aspects of ourselves (money, vehicles, clothes, etc.) and examining what is left in its place was my favorite. I've already read this book thrice now. I will definitely buy it for my wife.
Aditii Mehta
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditii-mehta.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Aditii Mehta »

I absolutely loved every part of this book! We need more thoughtful books like these.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

It is food for thought. It provokes philosophical assertions. With some collisions with Christianity beliefs. The most interesting nugget is that it doesn't impose anything on anyone. It gives room for decision. Good lessons are skipped here.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik
Jahari Marsh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jahari Marsh »

A good book to read. I didn't think I would like this book at all. It is a good book to pass down to someone who thinks they have it bad. I think I would read it again.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

That “Do less better” is a powerful concept for me too. I’m still going through and am sure there are more gems for me to pick up and ruminate over. I’m big on self care and advancement so this book has proven to be such a good fit.
Diamond Harrell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamond-harrell.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Diamond Harrell »

We have something in common! I graduated with my Masters in Criminal Justice! I remember feeling understood when I got to the part about black and white. I used to struggle heavily with seeing the gray. Before I started therapy, I thought everything was either one extreme of good, or the other extreme of bad. I had no balance between the two or understanding of how people can live in that gray space. This book reminded me to slow down with the judgement.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”