Let me be careful because I don't want to accidentally write another book...

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Re: Let me be careful because I don't want to accidentally write another book...

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Wow, I like this. It makes me think about a lot of things I do every day. There are many people who are deeply committed in all they do and who are active in their communities, but who also feel hopelessly lost in the world because they have no time left for anything else.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I find that when I am committed to what truly moves me, I never feel hopelessly lost in the world, but feel that I have gloriously found myself, at last :) I get a sense of that from Eckhart Aurelius Hughes :)
Sabriah Overton
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Heal Thyself: For Health and Longevity
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabriah-overton.html
Latest Review: Like a Lily Among the Thorns by Karen S. Bell

Post by Sabriah Overton »

I truly love this journal entry, it is definitely something that resonates with me. We have so many different versions of ourselves. Our past self, present self, future self, our "real/true" self, and our "false" self. All together, all of those "selves" are you. I can look back at things I have done in the past or things I used to like and see how very different they are from who I am today. Our experiences that we go through when we are present are what changes us to who we are/who we are becoming versus who we were. Over the years, I have had to do much shadow work, grounding, healing, and analyzing my past in order to grow and become who I am today. It easy to get lost within the material world with things that are not so healthy for us or that does not serve a true purpose. Over time you learn what suits you and what doesn't. The present you understands that concept and that's how things become of the past. It is truly important to live in the moment, be grateful for what you have in the moment, and to just be. Always focusing on things that are outside of ourselves is probably the leading cause of depression and anxiety today. Some people feel that they have to live up to unrealistic expectations due to social media or what society has us thinking is important. To truly find happiness, the conscious you has to be in the moment. It is more about focusing on "I am" or "I have" versus "I want", or "I could", or "I would", or "I should".
LyRika
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lyrika.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by LyRika »

Leonie Vermaak wrote: โ†‘13 Oct 2022, 04:12 Oh wow I like this.... We 99% of the time lose ourselves just to impress others...and then when it's just you alone with yourself, you have no idea, who the real you are, and this is sad.
Facts!
LyRika
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lyrika.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by LyRika »

Blessing Chi Peculiar wrote: โ†‘06 Dec 2022, 09:25 Wow, I like this. It makes me think about a lot of things I do every day. There are many people who are deeply committed in all they do and who are active in their communities, but who also feel hopelessly lost in the world because they have no time left for anything else.
Agreed!
Meghan Sica
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-sica.html
Latest Review: House of Hoops by June Gillam

Post by Meghan Sica »

I really like this. I love your philosophy and thought process. I enjoy journaling myself and try to do it more often. It feels good to write out thoughts, feelings, ideas and emotions. I'd love to read another book by you.
Olga Markova
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The Cursed by Beth Schluter

Post by Olga Markova »

Kaitlyn Canedy wrote: โ†‘13 Oct 2022, 15:02 People are always too busy to see who they really are. Many people have to put on a different coat for different folks, whether that coat is a father coat, a son coat, an employee coat, etc. If any of these coats are suddenly gone, what then is the person left with? I wish more people would one day see who they really are instead of listening to what everyone else says they are.
I agree with Kaitlyn that listening to what everyone else says about oneself is not good. But I still think that all those metaphorical "different coats" we wear and different roles we play in our lives are actually parts and parcels of our true selves - if one role is gone, a person will inevitably pick up another as long as the person is alive. And then, these different roles tend to blend with one another - for example, as a lawyer I inevitably think of my day-to-day actions through the prism of my profession even when they are not related to work - like "is it legal what I am doing/want to do?" (I am horrified to think of what doctors maybe thinking through their professional prisms!). Or, as I care for my family of 9 dogs, I often mentally compare situations involving humans with what I encounter in my canine family, and people who know me well often joke that I look at them as if they were a naughty dog :) . So aren't our true selves the composite of our false selves?
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Thank you so much for sharing your extra journaling notes. I for one, will always want to read anything you write, even if you think it isnโ€™t of much interest.
I am reading your book for the third time.

So please keep sharing your journaling snippets with us. And if you do start a โ€œnextโ€ chapterโ€ฆ.it will be amazing!!

Return to โ€œDiscuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughesโ€