Let me be careful because I don't want to accidentally write another book...

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Let me be careful because I don't want to accidentally write another book...

Post by Scott »

If I'm not careful with the journaling, I'll accidentally start writing another book, and I don't want that.

I spent over five years working on the last one 😅

I'm ready for something else. I'm ready for the next chapter.

And I'm talking about metaphorical next chapters only!

Anyway, I figure those who read and enjoyed my book In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All, might also like to see my much less polished random journaling.

So here you go; let me know what you think:

---

Wherever and whenever you shall find yourself, the beauty and peace of presence itself will be with you, always, anywhere.

By presence, I don't mean some 3D universe-wide now in the illusion of time, but rather a here-and-nowness in the much realer timeless spacetime.

The opportunity to be more present in that present will be there for you. Always. Anywhere.

Your true self will always be there with you.

Because it is you.

---

journal-october-13-2022.jpg
journal-october-13-2022.jpg (520.81 KiB) Viewed 934 times
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 598
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Oh wow I like this.... We 99% of the time lose ourselves just to impress others...and then when it's just you alone with yourself, you have no idea, who the real you are, and this is sad.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

People are always too busy to see who they really are. Many people have to put on a different coat for different folks, whether that coat is a father coat, a son coat, an employee coat, etc. If any of these coats are suddenly gone, what then is the person left with? I wish more people would one day see who they really are instead of listening to what everyone else says they are.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I like this! Thank you for sharing! :)

It’s so easy to be somewhere else rather than the present. We worry of what already happened or what will happen, and sometimes forget to enjoy the here and now. Unfortunately, when we forget to be in the here and now, we end up missing some of life’s more beautiful moments. My little ones help me to stay in the present, which I’m forever grateful. 😊

Thanks again for sharing!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
jessle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Soul Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessle.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by jessle »

Hi, Scott! I just wanted to say that your book has given me new perspectives that I may never have come to on my own...thanks for that. Also for sharing some of your words on paper - it has a more personal, comforting feel that is especially welcome today. :D

To anyone else reading this, keep on keeping on. You got this, whatever "this" is. :wink:
Danielle Briggs
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-briggs.html
Latest Review: Moonlit Nights by Jacob Parr

Post by Danielle Briggs »

Especially in the world full of distractions we live in today, I liked your thoughts on presence and being more present. It is the most peaceful feeling to just have awareness of all parts of yourself and where you are in the moment, without phones, technology or anything else as a distraction.
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I never sugarcoat anything I say and it has gotten me to fall on a spectrum of being disliked by some and liked by others. Staying true to myself and living in the present has alleviated a lot of stress in my life. I think being unique is what allows human diversity to be acceptable. Nobody can be me better than I am to myself. I like what you are writing.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

this reminds me of a lot of thoughts I have on a day to day basis. there are a lot of people who are super involved with everything they do and integrated in the community, but they have left themselves no time to do anything else and feel endlessly lost in the world instead. as a result, there isnt an actual presence around
MAUREEN WAMBUI NJUKI
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maureen-wambui-njuki.html
Latest Review: Praesidium by McKinley Aspen

Post by MAUREEN WAMBUI NJUKI »

The present is all we have. Learning how to live in the moment save us from anguish and anxiety.
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

Well, it's great to enter into next chapters; next phases of projects. Good luck on those. On the other hand, I found your journalling interesting and inspirational. Yeah, my true self will always be there because it is the real ME.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I enjoy reading the little snippets you put on here and social media. Each one seems to speak of kindness, gentleness and love for self and others. Thank you for the reminders.
Izzy Kruger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izzy-kruger.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Thomas Alfie

Post by Izzy Kruger »

Brilliant! This reminds me of when my mom always tole me, "Unhappy people are unhappy no matter where they are because they always have to take themselves with them."
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

There are so many "ideals" to live up to in today's life and the "perfect" person to portray, that I think a lot of people lose themselves in that, trying to be something and someone they are not. Sometimes, we just need to step back for a bit and look at yourself and who that is.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

We, humans, tend to lose the perception of our true selves quite often, and some look for their true selves for years and claim that they didn't find it when the truth is so simple: My true self is I. We can never lose our core; we just bury it under useless thoughts and expectations and, for a moment, forget about it.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

We are all authors of our lives, always writing the next chapter to our biography. I love writing because it has me continually looking into myself - "What's it like to be me?" That is what offers me growth and enhancement. You've got more to say, Scott. You've got more to offer humanity.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”