Review of "In It Together"

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
darlling213
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Review of "In It Together"

Post by darlling213 »

"In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes is quite different than I expected. At the beginning, I thought it would be a book about the beautiful things that we all could enjoy in life. However, at the beginning I was quite discouraged with the discussions of such subjects as "marital rape," "starving children," and "nuclear bombs."

But by the conclusion of the book, I began to see the uplifting meaning of the book. I just wish the author had gotten to the uplifting part sooner. I'm a retired journalist and in Journalism School we were taught the writing concept of the inverted triangle. The inverted triangle is the concept that you must get the most interesting part of your story within the first three paragraphs because if you haven't hooked the reader by then, they have already moved to another article.

I only wish Mr. Hughes had used this concept with his book. The end is actually great. But you have to keep the reader reading until you get to the end.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”