Favorite/Most Applicable Suggestion

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Favorite/Most Applicable Suggestion

Post by Surabhi Rani »

The first one, 'Be honest. Let go of denial...' is the most applicable suggestion for me. It talks about the basics of spirituality and is good for beginners on the spiritual path. I sometimes contemplate the point that I am a beginner on the spiritual path.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Damian Keyes »

Suggestion #5 spoke to me because I can easily let go of what happened, but to forgive a person wholeheartedly has been difficult. The author is correct in his assessment that I will never reach inner peace if I don't forgive myself and move on.
Izzy Kruger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izzy-kruger.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Thomas Alfie

Post by Izzy Kruger »

For me it was “Let go of restlessness and overcommitment. Do less, better.”. I have this past year been in a situation where I changed my career, and in having more time to spend with my family and loved ones, I have experienced massive personal growth and an increase in happiness. This was a big adjustment after 15years of working overtime, persistently missing important events, and being too tired to really enjoy life. I would say for me it was "Do less, be happier."
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

The below few spoke to me:

1. “Be Honest. Let go of denial, delusion, and self-deceit.” (Pg. 153) - this isn't always easy as it is not easy to admit when we are wrong or just not cut out for something. Instead of living in a delusion and placing the blame on other people and things, accept that it might just be you or you made a mistake and come to terms with it.

2. “Let go of trying. Accept the unchangeable.” (Pg. 158) - this is very personal to me as I came out of a destructive relationship, but we still had some very good times and for way longer than I should have, I kept trying to "fix" our relationship, "fix" his temper and just be a more quiet and complying person. I am embarrassed to say it took me too long to let go, stop trying, and accept the unchangeable. This one goes with being honest and accepting what is.

5. “Let go of resentment, hate, and unforgiveness towards others, including your past self. Accept their choices, and accept them as they are.” (Pg. 169) - This one also spoke to me personally towards myself and others. You can't move forward if you are filled with resentment, hate, and unforgiveness.

8. “Embrace discomfort. Let go of comfort addiction.” (Pg. 182) - you can't experience new things or adventures, new doors that can open if you don't leave your comfort zone and try things that might scare you or make you uncomfortable. You will never know what you are truly capable of otherwise.

11. “Just Love Everything and Everyone” (Pg. 207) - this one is sometimes hard and I am a very happy and friendly person. Some people are just rude and unnecessary, but you never know what they might be going through, trying to cope with, or struggling with.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

This suggestion is my favorite, and it suits me the best: "Let go of false idolization of positivity and superficial happiness. Accept the shadow of all things including yourself. I had a period in my life when I was trying to achieve the perfect me until I realized that I was doing it for others and not for myself. Only when I accepted all the shades of the world that surrounded me, I could finally breathe.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I love "Be honest," because if I am n ot honest with myself about "the way I've put it together," then I cannot let any of my misjudgments go.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Being hurt has become the norm. I really need to focus on the fifth one. I've battled with forgiving all of my life. Whether I must forgive myself or others is immaterial. I suppose it's so simple to hold on to the pain rather than taking the necessary steps to move on since I've been wounded a lot.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I have found that the most difficult thing for human beings to notice is when they've "lost themselves." They notice when they've lost their wallet, and get very upset about that, but we can lose ourselves for a lifetime and not even notice. "To lose oneself" is to pretend to be someone we're not in order to get the approval of others.
Maggie Johnson 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-johnson-2.html
Latest Review: Graham's Folly by Miguel Gutierrez

Post by Maggie Johnson 2 »

For me it is number 10. I find a lot of things interesting, so I tend to take on a lot at once. Then, when I don't make as much progress as I'd like, things tend to fall off. Around the time I read this book I'd started to have the idea that maybe I would be better off by focusing on only a few things at a time, but the idea of doing less always felt a little wrong and counterproductive. When I read this suggestion, the idea that you can actually accomplish more by doing less suddenly made a lot more sense.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

For me, "Let go of resentment, hate, and unforgiveness towards others, including your past self. Accept their choices, and accept them as they are" was my favorite. This is not entirely easy, but this is what I really need to apply in my life.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

“Let go of resentment, hate, and unforgiveness towards others, including your past self. Accept their choices, and accept them as they are" (Page 169) This my favourite, and it speaks to me at this point of my life, it reminds me I need to forgive myself of the things I try to condemn myself of.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”