In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
franciep
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

Post by franciep »

In It Together: The Struggle Uniting Us All.

This book is a guide for those seeking inner peace and living the good life despite the masks and pressures of everyday society. Hughes calls upon the struggles of the common man and provides non-judgmental steps on how to overcome said struggles. Hughes, throughout the book, does not claim to have all the answers, which, in itself is quite refreshing for a self-help book.

As an avid reader, I often shied away from the self-help genre because so many claimed to have the panacea for the ills of the world, but this book seemed different somehow.

The sentence structure and higher-level vocabulary were quite reminiscent of that found in a university-level ethics or humanities course. There were instances in which I needed to re-read sections to fully understand the concepts being presented and discussed. Unlike the texts found at the university level, the author, Mr. Hughes, readily admits that he does not have all the correct answers nor wants to force compliance upon his readers, rather Mr. Hughes provides the means to one finding their inner peace and said person may utilize or discard message and the significance behind the spoken truths.

In a world of perfectionism and keeping up with the Joneses, In It Together: The Struggle Uniting Us All is simplistic in its message – find out who you are, the true you – away from what society deems acceptable. Away from the rat race that is electronics and money (although the author does not equate money as a sin, unlike many others), and the double standards of the world.

I would give the book 4 out of 5 stars. There are portions of the book that are quite repetitious, and a layperson may find the higher-level grammatical structures and vocabulary difficult to follow.
Wale Tobi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Wale Tobi »

Yes. I also admire Scott for his humility and sincerity of purpose in this book. He doesn't claim to be an island of knowledge, and he didn't display any religious fanaticism. He simply wants to carry everyone along, racial, cultural, or religious background notwithstanding.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Indeed I'm super grateful for this book. Not only this book, but Scott has also been a source of help to many through this site. I'm a living witness. I have read this book twice. He is so sincere and open.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

This book goes on to touch on all ramifications of a life without leaving anything left behind. I just started reading it again and I must say that I'm grateful for this rich information embedded in this book.
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Powerhouse Radio: Rough Roads, Radiance, and Rebirth by Kingsley H. Smith

Post by Marina Flisvou »

"In It Together" by Eckhart Hughes is a powerful book about love, self-discipline, and finding inner peace. Using wisdom from many famous thinkers, Hughes asks big questions, like "What's the opposite of temptation?". The book helps readers see that love connects us all and teaches how self-control can lead to freedom. It's a comforting guide for those facing hard times. If you're looking for a book to uplift and inspire, this is a great pick. Highly recommended for anyone wanting a more positive outlook on life.
Marina

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”