In It Together (2nd Edition) Review

Use this forum to discuss the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, forward your receive via email to verification@onlinebookclub.org and you will be given access to this forum.
Forum rules
You are viewing the October 2022 Book of the Month In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must purchase the book.

After buying the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=164698
chachafance
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

In It Together (2nd Edition) Review

Post by chachafance »

Hey there! I know I'm late to the party, but I just finished reading "In It Together (2nd Edition)" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes and I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed. This book is a must-read for anyone looking to enhance their personal and professional relationships.

The author's writing style is engaging and easy to follow, making it accessible to readers of all levels. Hughes has a talent for taking complex concepts and breaking them down into simple, actionable steps that anyone can understand and apply to their life.

One of the things I appreciated most about this book was the author's emphasis on the importance of emotional intelligence in relationships. He delves into the nuances of communication and provides practical tips for how to handle difficult conversations with grace and empathy. I found myself nodding along as I read, realizing how much I could improve in this area of my own life.

Another standout aspect of this book is the author's focus on building strong, supportive communities. Hughes emphasizes the importance of working together to achieve common goals, and provides examples of successful collaborations from history and present day. This was particularly inspiring to me and left me feeling motivated to seek out and strengthen my own support networks.

While there were many positive aspects of "In It Together", I do want to note that at times it felt a bit repetitive. There were certain concepts that were reiterated throughout the book, which I understand is important for reinforcement, but at times it felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again.

Overall, I highly recommend "In It Together (2nd Edition)" to anyone looking to improve their relationships, whether it be with family, friends, or colleagues. Hughes provides practical advice that can be applied to any type of relationship, and his emphasis on emotional intelligence and community building is both refreshing and inspiring.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

chachafance wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 21:19 Hey there! I know I'm late to the party, but I just finished reading "In It Together (2nd Edition)" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes and I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed. This book is a must-read for anyone looking to enhance their personal and professional relationships.

The author's writing style is engaging and easy to follow, making it accessible to readers of all levels. Hughes has a talent for taking complex concepts and breaking them down into simple, actionable steps that anyone can understand and apply to their life.

One of the things I appreciated most about this book was the author's emphasis on the importance of emotional intelligence in relationships. He delves into the nuances of communication and provides practical tips for how to handle difficult conversations with grace and empathy. I found myself nodding along as I read, realizing how much I could improve in this area of my own life.

Another standout aspect of this book is the author's focus on building strong, supportive communities. Hughes emphasizes the importance of working together to achieve common goals, and provides examples of successful collaborations from history and present day. This was particularly inspiring to me and left me feeling motivated to seek out and strengthen my own support networks.

While there were many positive aspects of "In It Together", I do want to note that at times it felt a bit repetitive. There were certain concepts that were reiterated throughout the book, which I understand is important for reinforcement, but at times it felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again.

Overall, I highly recommend "In It Together (2nd Edition)" to anyone looking to improve their relationships, whether it be with family, friends, or colleagues. Hughes provides practical advice that can be applied to any type of relationship, and his emphasis on emotional intelligence and community building is both refreshing and inspiring.
Hi, I agree with you on the fact that some parts felt redundant. I've really wanted to re-read the book. However, I feel like reading it again will not be a second reading per see, as I'll be re-reading concepts that I "re-read" in my first reading. (I hope this makes sense) However, I think Hughes was tying the contents that felt repetitive to the subsequent topics.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”