Overall rating and opinion of "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for" by Ken Rusk

Use this forum to discuss the November 2022 Book of the Month, "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=495665

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for" by Ken

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

This book is an interesting mixture of familiar motivational goal-setting and the rather more unusual focus on blue-collar jobs as the way to go.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This book was a work of art. I'm more enamored with it because it stressed how important it is to enjoy the work that we do. Any aspect is bad for me. There must have been some incorporation of the non-fiction genre.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I adore this book because it is so current. There are so many blue-collar positions that practically beg for employees. In today's environment, college is prioritized over other careers. My family has a long history of success in blue-collar industries. It is vital to keep in mind that these professional individuals built your home, your place of employment, your children's school, etc. Without a college degree, you can lead a fulfilling life and make a decent living.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

I like the genre; It is my favorite. The style that the book is written in is fascinating. Makes it lively. I rate it 4 stars because it communicates the most important aspect of life. It is a unique guide to some crucial decisions in everybody's life.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

I think the main takeaway of this book is that we shoild never judge other based in wether they went to college or not. We should see their characters, work quality, and integrity. Because even those without college degree could still have a higher position at work.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

This book shined the beam light on blue collar jobs as we know it. Somany people are doing jobs that they do not like and there is a need for people to enjoy the job they do . This is a masterpiece. I would recommend to those who enjoy self help books.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

I love most things about it, chiefly it's text and tone. Most books of this genre are too upbeat and doesn't give the reader the chance to take it all in. But the author wrote with such gentleness that eased me. The book was definitely a five star worthy to me, and would recommend it to anyone who would listen.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tara D Morgan »

I liked that Ken Rusk emphasises that you do not need to attend college or university to succeed. This is repeated throughout the book; this is a vital message. All you need is a clear vision and a well-defined plan. Sitting behind a desk is only for some, and Rusk believes that getting your hands dirty and working a blue-collar job brings immense satisfaction, as proven by the examples he uses in the book. I thoroughly enjoyed this book which could have been heavy going, but Rusk has a very user-friendly way of writing. This is a must-read for all ages, whether you are planning a career, just starting out or midway through. This book will help you visualise, plan and take action towards the life you want. I gave a resounding 5 out of 5 stars!
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I will recommend this book to every salary earner working for someone. The ultimate goal of every employee should be to less dependent on the employer. Your employer might not always be there for you after retirement.
Last edited by Kenneth Onyenwe on 23 Jan 2023, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I will recommend this book to every salary earner working for someone. The ultimate goal of every employee should be to less dependent on the employer. Your employer might not always be there for you after retirement.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-stacy-leon.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Faith Stacy Leon »

What an educative book! Living a life of purpose and happiness is what everyone should crave for. I love the content of the book because it details tips that will make one work hard for a bright future. Fictional book readers will love it.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

What a helpful book! Everyone should aspire to a life filled with meaning and happiness. I adore the book's content since it provides advice on how to work hard for a successful future. Readers of fiction books will adore it.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

What a valuable book! Everyone ought to strive for a happy, meaningful life. The book's guidance on how to work hard for a prosperous future is why I like its content. It will be adored by fiction book readers.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

What a priceless book! Everyone should make an effort to live a happy, fulfilling life. I like the book's advice on how to work hard for a wealthy future. Readers of fiction books will adore it.
Annika Sommerville
Currently Reading: Tree of Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Annika Sommerville »

I liked this book. I can really relate to a book like this at this time in my life, when I'm literally working towards all of the things he mentions; wealth, health, losing weight, getting out of this immense amount of student debt.
I did find myself to zone out a few times, as I do when the chapters seem to be too long. I like it when books are shorter and simple, to the point. But overall, great book with some good reminders and habits that I would like to apply to my life.

Return to “Discuss "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk"”