Creating a Life Vision

Use this forum to discuss the November 2022 Book of the Month, "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=495665

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Re: Creating a Life Vision

Post by Kayla Archer »

Our family discusses our plan a lot, but we've never put it on paper. After reading the statistics, it made me realize we need to put it in writing. I want to be in that small percentage that makes a difference in their lives.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

Having a vision and a plan for ones life is essential for ones success. But there are times, life will throw you a lemon and take you off course and it can be years before you get back on track. What do you do then? Don't despair, keep pressing on. You will reap if you faint not.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

I think having a life plan or purpose is good. I believe a lot of people agree with this seeing that it is mentioned in almost every self-help book I have come across. Having a life plan helps you set a target of where you want to be and helps you keep track of how far you have gone with your plans.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I am in a place in life I really like, but my biggest concern is my finances. I know once I can get myself some financial freedom, I would be a lot more calmer and relaxed. Sometime in the future, I would love to be able to buy a house with a flat in the backyard for my dad. I want a biggish yard, so I can have space for my child to play without worrying about flat neighbors. I know that getting the picture of what I want to achieve in my head, would definitely make it more reachable to me.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I would definitely like to do it, and am planning on doing so. However, I think it's a bit scary to to force yourself to look at your like and see what you want/need to change in order to have the success you want.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

Having a goal is certainly useful. When you have an image of what you want your life to look like, you have the desire to keep trying and a stronger desire to check every list. It keeps you on track and helps you to have a destination.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Without a doubt, in order to have any goal at all, it had to have been imagined. You must have visualized rolling a six before deciding that you want to. Do you know what comes after them? Or are they just a step on the way?
UcheNduka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchenduka.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by UcheNduka »

Pauline Parnell wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 03:57 Having a vision and a plan for ones life is essential for ones success. But there are times, life will throw you a lemon and take you off course and it can be years before you get back on track. What do you do then? Don't despair, keep pressing on. You will reap if you faint not.
I completely agree with you. It's also very important to realise you can actually make a lemonade with lemon thrown at you by life. It may be the beginning of good things to come. Who knows :eusa-think:
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I liked the author's anecdote of driving off with no destination in mind. I am a stern believer in making a plan and trying to stick to it. I think having a vision is a helpful way to keep focused and ultimately reach your life goals.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

Kendal Low wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 01:57 I would definitely like to do it, and am planning on doing so. However, I think it's a bit scary to to force yourself to look at your like and see what you want/need to change in order to have the success you want.
I understand your point about this introspection being scary but I have always imagined it as necessary, similar to how you need to pluck a thorn out in order to let the wound heal, no matter how painful it might be to remove. I a way, those traits you fear facing are holding you back more than you know. Future you will thank you for facing them.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Marsha JJ wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 14:34 In Blue Collar Cash Ken Rusk includes some great advice about creating a vision by asking "What exactly do I want my life to look like?" Is this something that you have done or plan to do? If so, did you find it to be helpful?
The truth is that every focused individual should have asked themselves these questions early in life. If you have not, I think Rusk is right, you definitely need to start answering these questions.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I adore this query. When I was younger, I genuinely did it because I believed that the vision represented how life would be. Unfortunately, I was unaware of the physical issues that started to surface. Though different from what I anticipated, what actually happened is better.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

It is a very good question that I have asked myself a long time ago, when leaving high school. I wanted to study and went for it. I realise now that we should bring back this question every step of the way.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

I always ask myself that. But at times my vision went out of hand and turns out to be more an imagination than a vision. I still need to learn to be more focused and realistic with what I want in my life.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Yes, I find it extremely helpful. I have always had a short term goal for a year or two, but it wouldn't hurt to expand this a little. I think I need to start thinking more deeply these questions the author introduced and see if I can find a life goal.
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative

Return to “Discuss "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk"”