Comfort, Peace, and Freedom as goals

Use this forum to discuss the November 2022 Book of the Month, "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=495665

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Re: Comfort, Peace, and Freedom as goals

Post by Timothee22 »

The idea of comfort, peace, and financial freedom is a common goal for many people, as it provides a sense of security, stability, and fulfillment. However, what constitutes a fulfilling life varies greatly from person to person, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I agree with comfort and peace. However, I would like to substitute financial freedom for independence. Independence encompasses more than just finances. You are free to make your own decisions and strategies without being pressured by others. As a result, you live a stress-free life.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I agree comfort, peace, and financial freedom are important goals. But if you don't have a loved one to share it with, then what is the point? It could be a friend, a good neighbor, a spouse, a family member, or even just a loving pet who welcomes you home with selfless joy. So, I believe having a good relationship with a companion is just as important.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Different people have different goals and it is not quite right to generalize them. Some people may want other things too along with the said goals. Others may already have them and want completely different things. So, it varies.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

In this present day of so many chaos, I think a lot of people, including me, would give anything to have peace, then topping it up with financial freedom is a dream come through. I don’t see any better goal.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Marsha JJ wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 14:45 In Blue Collar Cash the author shares at the beginning of the book that "a life of comfort, peace, and financial freedom is the ultimate goal." Do you agree with the author that this should be one's ultimate goal, or would you substitute some other goals instead?
I love the author's ultimate goal. One of my goals is to gain financial freedom. But I substitute the two, for me, it would be Love and Health.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Believe : A Poetry Collection by Denise Alicea

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Freedom (in general, not only financial) I agree entirely. However, comfort and peace are extremely subjective concepts. What gives you peace? It could be lying on the beach, watching TV, reading a book, or playing with your dog. What gives you comfort? A warm bed, a warm meal, or drinking every other night? We cannot measure other people's goals, because we are not living their lives.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 03:05 I agree comfort, peace, and financial freedom are important goals. But if you don't have a loved one to share it with, then what is the point? It could be a friend, a good neighbor, a spouse, a family member, or even just a loving pet who welcomes you home with selfless joy. So, I believe having a good relationship with a companion is just as important.
Great point. The aspect of relationships being a fundamental part of happiness seems to be missing in the list of fundamental goals. Thanks for pointing this out.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

sssns wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 02:03 I agree with comfort and peace. However, I would like to substitute financial freedom for independence. Independence encompasses more than just finances. You are free to make your own decisions and strategies without being pressured by others. As a result, you live a stress-free life.
I like that broader definition as well with the idea that independence can encompass financial freedom, but other freedoms as well. That's a nice build on this idea.
Zainab Wasif
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainab-wasif.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Zainab Wasif »

I agree that these goals are important in one’s life but there are many other things as well. Human wants and desires keep changing with their circumstances and as they age. What might seem like my ultimate goal today would not longer be the same ten years down the lane. When I start my career today, comfort, peace and financial freedom might be my ultimate goal but then ten to fifteen years later, my goals and priorities would be different altogether.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

Well, I agree with the author on this one, comfort, peace and financial freedom should be the goal.
Anee Dede
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anee-dede.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Anee Dede »

Striving for comfort, peace, and freedom is a worthy pursuit that can enhance overall life satisfaction.

Return to “Discuss "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk"”