Comfort, Peace, and Freedom as goals

Use this forum to discuss the November 2022 Book of the Month, "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=495665

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Re: Comfort, Peace, and Freedom as goals

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I completely concur with the author that what matters most is comfort, peace, and financial independence. In fact, when you work for someone else, you won't find all three! Not having someone watching your back while you work will bring you comfort and peace. You just have to answer to yourself!
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

I agree with the author. I have come to realize after a year of financial struggles that peace and comfort are highly related to financial freedom. My goal in life is to follow anything that gives me comfort and peace while aiming for financial freedom.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

I agree that is the ultimate goal. Comfort and peace is something we could get in any stage of our life. Financial freedom is the greatest challenge. Once that is achieved, life will be great.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Marsha JJ wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 14:45 In Blue Collar Cash the author shares in the beginning of the book that "a life of comfort, peace, and financial freedom is the ultimate goal." Do you agree with the author that this should be one's ultimate goal, or would you substitute some other goals instead?
I agree with the author. If we could have all three "comfort, peace and financial freedom" that would be great. Keep in mind that each one of these include other things, for example Comfort includes health, friends, good social circles, ... While peace means no issues, no conflicts with other people, for me it would also include spiritual peace...
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

Amongst everything that the author mentioned, I think I mostly agree with financial freedom as being the ultimate goal. So many things and issues of life come from or because of financial independence or lack of it. If you have financial independence, you are more likely to be able to do things that make you happy.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tara D Morgan »

I agree with Rusk, if you are financially free then you can live in comfort. This means hard work whatever you end up doing but if you find the job that's right for you which pays a good wage then surely being financially comfortable makes for a stress free and happy life. 100% agree with Rusk!
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

I do believe that these are noble objectives, and peace ought to be at the top of the list. The others are wonderful, but they shouldn't be the main objectives. They will, in my opinion, come as a result of hard work and faith in God's ability to carry out his promises.
Vine Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Vine Michael »

I agree with the author because no matter what our goals are they all lead to the final destination of peace, comfort and financial freedom or stability.
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I agree that a life of comfort, peace, and financial freedom is the ultimate goal. But I will also add a loving family to the list. Man is a social being amongst many other things. The freedom of choice and social security are the pinnacle of achievement.
Aloe Crane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aloe-crane.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by Aloe Crane »

Marsha JJ wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 14:45 In Blue Collar Cash the author shares in the beginning of the book that "a life of comfort, peace, and financial freedom is the ultimate goal." Do you agree with the author that this should be one's ultimate goal, or would you substitute some other goals instead?
I absolutely agree! I want to live out my days without worrying about things. I want to live a happy and fulfilled life.
Vidhi Adhikari
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Although I do agree with the author on this, since this is my goal too, I feel that achieving these goals still require a lot of hardwork and perspiration and failures, and a life without these pseudo-negative emotions is impossible.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

I would add cultivating meaningful friendships to this list. As Charles Darwin said, "A man's friendships are one of the best measures of his worth." 
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

I quite agree with the author. Life without any of those may lead to financial instabilities and perhaps physical and mental illness as a result of turmoil and lack of peace and comfort.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I agree with the author because financial freedom come with a happiness and power that will allow one to purchase comfortable things that bring happiness.
Meghan Sica
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-sica.html
Latest Review: House of Hoops by June Gillam

Post by Meghan Sica »

I think those are amazing goals. Comfort, peace, and financial freedom are ideal for everyone. Everyone deserves to have these things and it's important to have goals to work toward achieving a better life.

Return to “Discuss "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk"”