Comfort, Peace, and Freedom as goals

Use this forum to discuss the November 2022 Book of the Month, "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=495665

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Aditii Mehta
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditii-mehta.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Re: Comfort, Peace, and Freedom as goals

Post by Aditii Mehta »

The author did a great job by explaining the importance of comfort, peace and freedom in one's life. Success is also linked to these 3 goals.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Mbali Qalinge wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 17:17 I agree, we all strive for comfort, peace, and financial freedom, and I think these goals are inclusive of other goals. If one has comfort and peace, it's safe to assume that that person is happy and may have love in their life too.
I 33% agree. I think that having peace = having happiness. I'm not sure about comfort, as many celebrities have financial freedom and comfort, yet they still feel they need drugs or whatever, so something - peace - is still missing.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

I agree with the author that comfort, peace and financial freedom are goals that we all should aspire for. None wants to live in a perpetual war and strife with others and also not able to pay ones' bills at the end of the month. I would encourage persons also to make a difference in another person's life, or in the community one resides. Lets remove the focus on self and seek to do good to others.
Krista Kirby-Dempsey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2483
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krista-kirby-dempsey.html
Latest Review: The House of Spark by Luminita Laflash

Post by Krista Kirby-Dempsey »

Yes and no. Life is boring without a journey and some struggles. If things were good all the time and things were comfortable all the time a lot is taken for granted.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

These are actual goals that should be top priorities. I believe the author is right. Other factors should come second to this. Finding peace and comfort in whatever we do in life is a top goal, and financial freedom contributes a lot to finding comfort. Having fewer worries would lead one to a happier life.
Hannah Hampton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-hampton.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Knowledge by Terence H.Young

Post by Hannah Hampton »

Although I think comfort, peace, and financial freedom are all fantastic things to aim for, there are certainly people who live a satisfactory and content life in different ways. Rusk does make it very clear that success looks different for different people, though, so although I disagree that everybody would be content with these three facets, overall I still agree with his message.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I agree 100% with this! I have always said that I don't want to be rich, but I want to be able to pay my debt and expenses without worry, I want to be able to say yes when I get invited to join someone for drinks or eating out or an outing, and I want to be able to say yes to my child if he would like to get ice cream or milkshake, or go to the zoo, without worrying if I do this, how will I pay my car, etc. I believe with financial freedom, comfort and peace follow.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I agree with the author. While it sounds sad, I believe that financial security is definitely a major key to happiness. I know that life is not worth much if you're not living it with people who bring you joy and comfort. However, I think it is a massive privilege to say that "money can't buy you happiness," as most of the people who say that have never had to live without it.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

After pausing to think about what emotions are really encompassed by comfort, peace, and financial freedom, I agree with the author that these are the three most important goals in life. 
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

After pausing to think about what emotions are really encompassed by comfort, peace, and financial freedom, I agree with the author that these are the three most important goals in life. 
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

I did not need to think much about this since these are things I have mapped out for a while now. What is the use of a life goal that doesn't afford you comfort or peace or financial freedom? The author is correct.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I believe these objectives are inclusive of other objectives and that we all strive for comfort, peace, and financial freedom. It is safe to assume that a person is happy and may even have love in their life if they are at peace and comfortable.
UcheNduka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchenduka.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by UcheNduka »

Francis Odhiambo Comorenos wrote: 18 Nov 2022, 09:14 I agree with this 100%, and also from every angle, I see that comfort and peace are by-products of financial freedom. So to me, the ultimate goal of leaving a life that one desires is to have financial freedom.
You're absolutely right about financial freedom.
However, if your love life is in shambles or you have an incurable ailment, I don't think peace or comfort will be available to you, or what do you think?
UcheNduka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchenduka.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by UcheNduka »

Well, that is completely true. Achieving peace, comfort and financial freedom is the ultimate goal for most people.
It may sound easy but there are so many obstacles to achieving this, ranging from poor health to global meltdown.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

The way the author described and defined the goals of comfort, peace and freedom I think this would be a worthy vision to adopt. I think the definitions sort of expanded the aspects to include most other aspects anyone can think of.

Return to “Discuss "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk"”