Who did the crayon exercise, and what did you learn?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2022 Book of the Month, "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=495665

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Re: Who did the crayon exercise, and what did you learn?

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Emily Meadows wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 18:35 Who took out their crayons, and what did the crayon exercise show you? I want to hear about the type of car you'd like to save for, the pet of your dreams, or bigger stuff like good health and happiness. So far, my white sheet of paper has words you might expect on it - happiness, good health, a continued loving relationship. But, I also have a few specifics on there like AN OFFICE IN MY HOUSE that isn't within spitting distance of my bed. How am I going to get that office? I will need to get specific so I can set a goal.

Oh and also? Someday I would love to drive a Mercedes. HAHA.

Share!
I did not carry out the exercise. However, it has a huge benefit. I will still try it out someday.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Wow, I completed the task! I was shocked to see how little I had actually thought about what I wanted for the future. Though the kind of location I had in mind was somewhat unusual, in reality, all I would really want is a space big enough to accommodate a private creative space. I picture a world in which I am free to create anything I choose and only need a basic vehicle to go about. I believe that achieving the three emphasized life objectives would be rather easy.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

This exercise really help envisioned what I really want in life. A new car, a house with a yard, a happy and healthy family life. A very useful and fun exercise.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Marie Chalupova wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 01:51 I must admit I kind of skipped it because I was listening to audiobook and hanging clothes at the time...
I feel like I would need to pick it up again on Kindle and go through it more slowly. While audiobooks are handy some books are just ment to be read.
When I listen to audio books, I totally skip the exercises too. HAHA - I'm generally in my car, and there is no way I'm pulling over ;).
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

I didn't feel like doing the crayon exercise at first but it actually felt a lot more refreshing. I am planning on getting myself a car this new year. It felt amazing to be able to view my vision. Lol
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

This activity sounds intriguing and very enlightening, so I want to do it. The thought of utilizing words instead of pictures could negate the point of the exercise since the vision needs to be as vivid and unique as possible for it to be most effective.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

This activity sounds intriguing and very enlightening, so I want to do it. The thought of utilizing words instead of pictures could negate the point of the exercise since the vision needs to be as vivid and unique as possible for it to be most effective.
Dianë Godwill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dian-godwill.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Dianë Godwill »

At first, I thought the crayon exercise sounded a little simple and childish. However, I actually really enjoyed doing it. It helped me put my dreams and goals into a physical item I could touch. I also drew a mercedes, a G-wagon to be specific!

Return to “Discuss "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk"”