How many

Use this forum to discuss the November 2022 Book of the Month, "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=495665

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Re: How many

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

My wife, who was raised in a blue-collar family and now holds a job that does not require a college degree, was raised in a different type of family than I was. Additionally, my structural engineering-trained uncle founded a construction business and has since picked up a lot of technical blue-collar skills like plumbing, electrical work, framing, etc. I have a lot of admiration for blue-collar jobs and vocations!
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

I came from a white-collar family, my wife came from a blue-collar family. Each of us have our own speciality and abilities. We complete one another.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tara D Morgan »

My family were originally agricultural labourers and servants back in my great grandparent's day. My granddad decided he could do better for himself and became an accountant, eventually setting up a company employing quite a few people. Sadly granddad then expected my Dad to become an accountant and take over the business. My Dad did this but was always a very angry and unhappy man his love was tinkering with cars, and I think he would have chosen to be a mechanic. Unfortunately he did not learn from his father's mistake and me and my brothers were also pushed into 'white collar' jobs. When it came to my children we talked to them and found out what they wanted to do and helped them achieve their goals... at last they are all happy and we have a mixture of blue and white collar workers in the family now. Although I think these terms should be changed as they were used at a time when there was a bigger class divide and different expectations of children to take over from their parents in whatever job they did.
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Lindiwe Chakhala wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 08:14 My parents and grandparents were white collar workers. Then two generations before them my family were predominately farmers. Then going backwards from there my ancestors were hunter-gatherers.
Interesting! You know about your lineage so well.
Anee Dede
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anee-dede.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Anee Dede »

Being born in a blue-collar family often means growing up with a strong work ethic and an appreciation for hard work. It can shape one's values and perspectives on life.

Return to “Discuss "Blue-Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure Your Future, and Find Happiness for Life" by Ken Rusk"”