Nooks ♥

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.
Cryoose
Currently Reading: The Clockmaker's Daughter
Bookshelf Size: 24

Nooks ♥

Post by Cryoose »

Who else is currently loving their Nook? I love how I can easily carry around my favorite books with me practically anywhere! It's so much simpler and cheaper than normal printed books. I got mine for around $35 at my local Barnes and Noble and to this day I have yet to regret it.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Quick question? Is there any major difference between those and a kindle? Because I love my kindle but I've been considering getting a Nook as well.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Galeyh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Galeyh »

I definitely like the NOOK -- a portable e-book reader device developed and marketed by Barnes & Noble. It competes with Amazon's Kindle line of e-book and makes both sides work out a better generation of e-book reader devices...
RuthLauritzen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthlauritzen.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by RuthLauritzen »

I have a NOOK, but my mom has a Kindle which she loves. The thing she likes the most is the KindleUnlimited service from Amazon, where she can "check out" an unlimited number of books, like a library. I would like something similar for NOOK. Maybe there is and I don't know where to look?? I tried my public library system but they only had a select few books available in e-book format.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

both are the best in their own ways. I prefer kindle due to the variety of choices in the books selection and its unlimited feature.
Megan Lea
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Megan Lea »

I was given a nook by my dad many years ago. I didn't use it for a long time because I really enjoyed reading books. I also did not want to have to pay for books or subscriptions but I found an awesome website called book bub. It would email me different kind of books every week. There were some that cost like $0.99 but there was a lot of them that were free. And I was able to download them onto my nook and make an extensive playlist on it. I've been packing it around with me for probably the last 15 years at least and I'll break it out every once in awhile and start reading the books that I have on there. I think if I sign back up for bookbub that I would start using it more again. But I definitely enjoy having that many books and if one's not speaking to me at the moment and I can quickly switch to a new one. It's also very easy to read laying down in bed and being lazy.
Malaika345
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Malaika345 »

I definitely like the NOOK -- a portable e-book reader device developed and marketed by Barnes & Noble. It competes with Amazon's Kindle line of e-book and makes both sides work out a better generation of e-book reader devices...

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”