Kindle vs Nook?

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Kindle vs Nook?

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

I have been using. Kindle now for 2 months. This is from the moment I started writing reviews for onlinebookclub. I haven't really heard anything about Nook. Is it a better alternative?
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

Am also using kindle. I want to learn about nook so the comments for those using it already will be very useful.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

I've actually never heard of a Nook. My partner uses the Kindle app on his iPad. I love my Kindle. Do you need the Kindle app on Nook to read Amazon downloads on it, or do you have to purchase from Barnes and Noble? 
Aniyalove2002
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aniyalove2002 »

Yes a Nook is basically a tablet just like the kindle it’s just an older model and you have to pay or download books or ebooks to read and it’s only in black and white picture. When I was in middle school we were allowed to rent them for a week and it only had a select few of books and apps for use as well as read.
Sheri Iodice
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheri-iodice.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sheri Iodice »

I love my kindle, I haven't tried a Nook but have heard about them. I haven't heard anything negative. Honestly a good old book I can hold in my hands is still my favorite way to read. But when I am on the go I do love my Kindle.
Jennifer Parker 19
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jennifer Parker 19 »

I personally don't have either but from reading everything I would probably buy a Kindle over a Nook. Not just because the name Nook sounds weard but also because I think Kindle is a great band & is very durable and I have never heard of a Nook before so it makes it kind of confusing especially if somebody walks up to you and says hey did you like the Nook and somebody thinks you said book very confusing you know so I would I would go with the Kindle

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”