Trouble with internet connection

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.
DBrad2020
Bookshelf Size: 0

Trouble with internet connection

Post by DBrad2020 »

Hey all bibliophiles:

I have many books on my nook that I have not downloaded yet. In order to download the books , I need an internet connection. Here's the issue. I have the wifi connected on my Nook but when I try to download the books it does not do so. Has anyone else experienced this problem. It is quite tantalizing to have all these books in my library and yet I cannot read any of them.
Catreeves16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catreeves16.html
Latest Review: No Reprieve: by Inge-Lise Goss
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Catreeves16 »

I had that issue a couple of months ago. It was saying something about not being able to connect even though it showed as connected. For a separate reason, I had to restart the internet modem. Once I did that, it seemed to work just fine!
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

it sounds strange. It shouldn't be a permanent issue. the issue might be because of some technical problem with the internet service provider. probably it might work if you se some alternate internet connection,
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I had a similar problem with mine. I got my Nook as a gift years ago and I never really used it. My daughter had set up my account and I tried all sorts of things getting it connected. I finally gave up and contacted Barnes & Noble and I had to download something from their website. I couldn't download it from my Nook, so I had to go to the website, send it to my computer, and then drag it into the Nook application, or whatever you want to call it, that was now on my computer. The battery is dead on my Nook right now, so I can't look at it but if you log onto Barnes & Noble, there's a spot where you can click on your version of Nook (they have pictures of different Nooks) and download it there. I already had that update on my Nook but I think because I hadn't used it for so long, I had to update it anyways. I remember the version number on the website was the same as the version number on my Nook which is why I didn't update it in the first place.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
worthbook
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by worthbook »

Thank you for this thread, been experiencing the same problem but I followed the way to reboot the modem and try to on and off the wifi and it now works perfectly.

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”