Overall rating and opinion of"Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Overall rating and opinion of"Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

Melissa Jane wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 02:56 This is a discussion topic for the December 2022 Book of the month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
I think this was a decent dystopian novel that set up the world for the rest of the series and definitely interested me in learning more about Kim's journey. It has a rather typical storyline of ultimate conformist realising she isn't happy with society and rebelling against the norm but I like the little details the author came up with which make the story unique. Furthermore, the author actually wrote something that reads like a critique of our current society. Reading about the harsh control and mindless citizens blindly following the rules set up by the artificial intelligence makes me scoff at the idiocy of such a society. However, upon deeper reflection, this society mirrors our own in a disturbing way, exaggerated enough to make it seem a world away, yet close enough to the truth that it hits people on a personal level. I discussed this view in more detail in my full review of this book, so do go check it out if you'd like.
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

I adore Kim, the main character, and the entire environment. The AI in the futuristic AI civilization are slaves and lack autonomy, which is a slight departure from a genre trope. I thought Kim was a great major character as well and enjoyed her friendship with Shan.
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

I have to say that I adore The ominous tone and sense of resolve to fight the oppressors are both present on the cover of the Term of Service. It appears to be consistent with the book's plot. The gender neutrality that is covered throughout the novel is also illustrated by the two characters. The writing is clear and succinct. The first part of the book is a little slow to read. As you learn more about the history of this world, the pace picks up. I noticed the gender clash in the language. The lack of depth the main character currently possesses troubles me a little, but I think it will improve as the novel progresses.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: Reversed:A Memoir by Lois Letchford

Post by Clauson Justin »

I love the cover of the book and its title is fascinating. Both can easily draw a reader to the book. The storyline presented by the author in the book is fascinating. As a lover of sci-fi, I loved this. I rate it five out of five.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”