Overall rating and opinion of"Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Re: Overall rating and opinion of"Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I was not fond of the writing style and because of this the book didn't really capture my attention until the end. This is just my own preference. I must say the plot did make me interested in the next book of the series.
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Pendulum Charts Contact Your Angelic Team by Raven Shamballa

Post by Michael Valentine »

I love everything about this book, from the cover page down to the end of the story. I also learned a lot from this book, especially about AI. I would definitely recommend this book to science fiction lovers.
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nyam Bura »

I loved the book. One thing that appealed to me was the little adventure that Kim and Shan had in that isolated community. I found it interesting that the author was able to include such a nice adventure in a book that deals with tech.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

I really enjoyed the sample, so I got the book for myself. So far, it's been an amazing journey. I can't wait to flip the last page.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

I think I was intrigued by the authors style of writing. I also loved the representation of the character Kim. In all, this book seemed to stand well with me as regards the writing. For instance, I also enjoyed the gender conflict. I would take the positives for me although some aspects of this book was cringeworthy.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

I was left in awe by the author's descriptive prowess. The storyline was engaging and entertaining. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't get a 5 out of 5 stars rating from me.
Wilkister Inzai Avagalwa
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilkister-inzai-avagalwa.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Wilkister Inzai Avagalwa »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 or 5 out of 5 stars because simple language was used, which makes readers read and understand the book with ease. Also the book made me appreciate humans more than I did before because of the privileges we enjoy being humans.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The Cursed by Beth Schluter

Post by Olga Markova »

I have absolutely loved this book, and my rating is 4 out of 4 stars (5 out of 5 stars). I believe this book is a prophetic warning about the future if the humans are not careful to limit the role of the AI.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

I would rate it five out of five stars. I liked the author's proper organization of the book and the simple yet engaging language use. The list of corporate terms at the beginning of the book caught my attention immediately.
MAUREEN WAMBUI NJUKI
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maureen-wambui-njuki.html
Latest Review: Praesidium by McKinley Aspen

Post by MAUREEN WAMBUI NJUKI »

My overall perspective on the book is that it's intriguing. The writer has done a great job of painting us a picture of how the world can be if we allow ourselves to be dominated by artificial intelligence. I love how the author has brought out the theme of happiness and what it is by using the protagonist, Kim. However, I've not fully comprehended what the cover image represents. Overall, the book was a definite 5 out of 5 stars for me.
Aloe Crane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aloe-crane.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by Aloe Crane »

Melissa Jane wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 02:56 This is a discussion topic for the December 2022 Book of the month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the
I loved Kimberly so much and I was so sad when she started being removed, cue the ugly tears. I really liked seeing the world that the author built! I didn't dislike much, if anything of the book. If I did, I don't remember! :techie-studyingbrown:
Aloe Crane
Currently Reading:

Post by Aloe Crane »

Leslie Kunde wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 21:01 I must say I love the cover. The writing style is clear. As far as reading speed, well the start is a little slow. Once you have the background for this world down, the speed picks up. I liked the gender conflict in the the language. I just finished chapter 3. So far there has not been any glaring mistakes. I do not really care for the lack of depth in the main charter at this point(I think that will improve throughout the book).
Yes! I thought so too! It's a little slow in the beginning just because the author has to explain all the foreign concepts to us. We have to know what the background of the story is before we read the actual story, and the author did well in that part, even though it did feel a little slow.
Aloe Crane
Currently Reading:

Post by Aloe Crane »

Lecdeliv wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 17:38 I love how Craig W. Stanfill has managed to come up with a whole set of neutral words that favor a neutral future world. By that I mean the days of the week, which are now called from Oneday to Sevenday. I believe that the whole process was very complex, not at all easy and this is also my favorite aspect of the book.
That's true, and I hadn't even thought of that! I wonder how much the author took to just worldbuild. From worldbuilding to grammar, it just gives me "1984" vibes.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I agree Craig does a great job creating his neutral world. I will admit to having a problem following some of the technology. I guess I am behind on the computer tech.
Annas Felix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annas-felix.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Annas Felix »

I actually like how the author ended the book with a cliffhanger. I'm eagerly anticipating how life will be for Kim in the outer district.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”