Overall rating and opinion of"Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Overall rating and opinion of"Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the December 2022 Book of the month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I read the sample and now....I have to read the whole thing. I like the storyline so far. The sad part is, I can see the reflection of todays world I see in parts of the work. A few years ago I would have laughed at this book. Today with the AI robots the police are using and the others I have seen on tech clips, well it is not so far fetched any more. I will be getting a few copies for my nieces and nephews, they will love it!
readingswithsoso
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingswithsoso.html
Latest Review: The Prophecy of the Heron by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by readingswithsoso »

I very much like the cover! It's one of those books I want to read it just by looking at the cover!
Ayomidekenny2
Currently Reading: Great Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomidekenny2.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Ayomidekenny2 »

Well for me, I rate the book well and one of the lessons I learnt is to know that there are consequences for every passive acceptance
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I must say I love the cover. The writing style is clear. As far as reading speed, well the start is a little slow. Once you have the background for this world down, the speed picks up. I liked the gender conflict in the the language. I just finished chapter 3. So far there has not been any glaring mistakes. I do not really care for the lack of depth in the main charter at this point(I think that will improve throughout the book).
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I really like the world as a whole and the main character, Kim. The author's take on the futuristic AI society is a subtle twist on a genre convention in that the AI are slaves and don't have autonomy. Kim was also a wonderful main character, I liked her relationship with Shan.
it is what it is ....
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I would also like to mention that I read the second book in the series first, and while Prophecy of the Heron can stand on its own, it was interesting to see where some arcs and plot lines came from, or how some of Kim's relationships ended up the way they are. I think I might actually like Terms of Service more that its sequel. But both are still amazing books!
it is what it is ....
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I love everything about the book. It has a perfect plot and filled with suspense. I love how the book cover illustrates its contents, artificial intelligence. I highly recommend it to lovers of sci-fi.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

The book Terms of service portrays a dystopian world where the author transports us to a society where AIs have mostly replaced humans and they are no longer a major force in society. The book depicts a world where the powerful rule the weak and a world where mindless rules governs the citizens. This could be seen in what they wear, food they eat and their daily lifestyle. What I adore most about this engrossing tale is the bond shared between the protagonist Kim and the AI Kimberly. Kimberly’s effort in making Kim to understand her forgotten memories and to find a closure with her past was admirable. There was nothing I disliked about the book. The story plot was well structured and contain strong themes that readers will find engaging and entertaining. The novel is a science fiction/fantasy.
Lisa Park17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-park17.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Lisa Park17 »

The book is engaging and draws readers right into it, with a proper amount of suspense. I liked the descriptive prowess of the author. The writing style was fascinating and easy to comprehend. The book is in the sci-fi/fantasy genre. The book incorporated teams of determination and eargerness to break free from bondage. The cover and title is engrossing, and makes one curious to find out what the book is all about. As long as one is determined and puts in the right amount of work he/she will get their heart desires. I'll highly recommend this book to readers because it is engaging and has some educative topics.
Grace Elkana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

I took some time to study the cover and I couldn't help but notice the asterisks beside the title. This spoke volumes to me about the attention to detail the author gave in the book. Personally, when something is on asterisk, I feel there's some held-back information of some sort. Seeing it on the book cover makes me believe that nothing is as it seems even before I began to read.
Rosa Joy
Currently Reading: Brutal Valor
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosa-joy.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Rosa Joy »

I feel the book is thrilling to read. For me, I give a rating of 5 stars out of 5. The idea of Artificial Intelligent devices taking control of a civilization and burying human history is scary and compelling yet a possible reality.

The book falls under science fiction category due to the futuristic settings. It is also a fantasy with a degree of horror.
James Fx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-fx.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by James Fx »

I enjoyed the writing style of the author. It was so clear and concise. If I had not come across a review on this, I don’t think I would have picked it based on the title because it sounds like a nonfiction type. I find the cover beautiful though. I’ll recommend this to others especially those whose job are choking them like this main character here.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

The cover of Term of Service gives off an ominous feeling but at the same time a ready-to-fight vibe against the oppressors. I believe it fits the book's story. It also shows the gender neutrality spoken about in the book throughout the two characters shown.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Dalia Chf »

I just started reading this book I can't wait to participate in this discussion!

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”