Overall rating and opinion of"Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Re: Overall rating and opinion of"Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

At some point, people like Elon musk invested heavily on Artificial Intelligence. In one of his interviews, he said running the economy on Artificial Intelligence will be deadly because people can be easily manipulated. I think this book proved his point. I will recommend this book to tech lovers.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-stacy-leon.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Faith Stacy Leon »

The artificial intelligence part intrigued me. It brought back my love for technology. Technology had made the world a whole lot easier. I love the plot of this book. It was engaging. The writer's writing style was intriguing. Do you love fiction books? This book is for you.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

I found the artificial intelligence aspect fascinating. It revived my enthusiasm for technology. The world had become more simpler thanks to technology. This book's plot is fantastic. It was interesting. The writing style of the author was captivating. Do you adore reading fiction? For you, this book.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

of artificial intelligence fascinated me. My enthusiasm for technology was reignited. Technology had made the world more straightforward. The plot of this novel is excellent. It was fascinating. The author's writing style was engrossing. Do you adore fiction books? This book is for you.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

This was one of the best futuristic sci-fi novels I have ever read. The world-building is well done, and the focus on the single character makes it easy to connect with her and take her side. I completely enjoyed the psychological thriller aspects of this book. I honestly hope to see this as a movie in years to come. Might be a classic.
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

I gave the boo a full rating of 4 stars. And I loved every second of the book. The writing style was clear and matched the storyline of the book. And the cover was quite unique and interesting at first glance. I was misled to think the book is a non-fiction at first because of the title.
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

After reading the sample, I now have read the full book. I enjoyed the plot but unfortunately, the thing is that I can see a reflection of the modern world in some of the pieces. Reading this book a few years wouldn't have meant much and maybe I'd have had a good laugh about it, but today it feel almost like deja vu considering all the news we are seeing about more and more intereference and usage of A.I. robots in the world. Japan is already ahead there with their a.i. robot servers in restros, it's scary to think what will happen in 100 years. It's not a far-fetched reality anymore.
Dauria04
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

Overall, I believe that the book is well-written and thought-provoking. The author, Craig W. Stanfill, does an excellent job of exploring the complex issues surrounding online privacy, security, and digital rights. The characters are well-developed and their struggles and conflicts feel real and relatable.
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

Because of how it relates to human life events, I give this book a full rating. It can be a valuable resource for individuals looking to gain insight into the human experience, learn from the experiences of others, or simply find comfort and inspiration in the stories of others.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Trusting People by Guy De Furia Ph D

Post by Vivian Writes »

The story is very representative of “almost reality,” what could be the fate of humanity in a not so far off future. The author bodied the world-building. I’d say that the pace started off a bit slow. But as you read on, it picks up pace as we follow Kim and her stints with the AI. Overall, it was a good read, I’d say.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Melissa Jane wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 02:56 This is a discussion topic for the December 2022 Book of the month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
I thought the book was just okay. The execution could have definitely been better. I also expected more from the ending; it felt too anticlimactic. I didn't like how the book spent too much time about the nitty-gritty of Kim's work with the AIs. I liked the creative world the author built which was dystopian in nature. I think the title was a perfect fit for the book although I can't say the same for the cover.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I rated the book three out of five. I was irritated by the many sexual and erotic scenes. There were many dull moments throughout the book. In addition, I did not enjoy the book's ending.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The whole story was really exhilarating. The part I enjoyed the most was Kim and Shan's adventurous ride. The vivid descriptions and the revelations they made were interesting.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Terms of service is a really good book, what I like least about it is the gender revolution of Kim, what I like most is Kim choosing to rebel and set herself free.
Jerry Spencer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

I certainly loved reading this book. I admire the writing style and precision of the author. Kim was a commendable character and her bravery was easily identified. The funny scenarios with food selection would always be remembered.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”