Kim as the MC

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Kim as the MC

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

I loved her as the protagonist. She is young, resilient, brave and smart. She was also perfectly flawed. She was kept in the dark, but she was a free thinker.
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

Emmanuel Onwuanaku wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 00:11 What did you think of Kim as the main character of the book? I personally love her. She was fierce and when it really comes down to it, she is unwilling to back down without a fight.
I generally find it hard to empathise with main characters, mainly because the book is told from their perspective, so it's more difficult for their personality to come across. I think Kim resembled most other dystopian protagonists who were intially content but eventually rebelled against the government. Sometimes I was told rather than shown how she felt so it made her feel less like a real person and less like someone I would root for. She's not a bad character, but as far as main characters go, she didn't really stand out for me. Hopefully, since this is the first book, she'll have lots more opportunities to let her personality shine through in her journey to overthrow the government.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”