Kim and Shan

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Re: Kim and Shan

Post by Friederic Schröder »

When it comes to Kim and Shan's relationship, I prefer them as friends, I liked how the beginning of their friendship turned out to be but when it comes to them being in love, I don't like that idea. I think they would have created more interesting and exciting episodes of their novel by being just friends.
CrossK
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

I think their relationship was lovely when it was still platonic. However, it was plagued with the cliche revisionism in most fiction where such friendships evolve into romantic relationships and this took away the connection I shared between both characters.
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

The friendship relationship was well founded, we could feel it straight away. I never felt there was a romantic side until the author mentioned the past. However, I liked the end and I think it was part of Kim's development to acknowledge those feelings.
Bavithra karthikeyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-karthikeyan.html
Latest Review: This Affects Me How? by M.K. Corbin

Post by Bavithra karthikeyan »

A beautiful friendship in a world that couldn't be trusted. The longevity of the friendship was described aptly and the part where Kim could never deny anything that Shan asks was pure bliss. A friendship to be valued after all. Shan being reckless and getting Kim into trouble felt like wrong company but what's wrong if you can't take risk even with friends? The evolution of the relationship as the story moves was nice.
Between the pages of a book is the loveliest place to be :techie-studyingbrown: :D
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I think their relationship had to be the one they had, it's what finally makes Kim take the decisions she makes and go out of the path. She probably wouldn't do it for a friend (in fact, she doesn't)
Justin Christensen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justin-christensen.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Justin Christensen »

I love watching love bloom out of friendship. Kim and Shan were a great couple and Craig did a really good job portraying their romance evolving from friendship to more than friendship, in spite of the roadblocks he gave himself with those weird pronouns!
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

From the start I knew Kim and Shan's relationship would escalate to a romantic one. I just didnt like how much trouble Kim faced because of Shans laxity.
Claire Twy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

Emmanuel Onwuanaku wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 00:59 What do you think of Kim's relationship with Shan, I like them as friends and it was interesting reading this knowing how their relationship evolves in the future. I also like the context that the AI force into their relationship.
I feel like most of what the audience knows so far about their relationship is built on flashbacks so it would be good to see more moments together. They are believable as best friends with a strong connection, but to move the relationship beyond that would definitely require more development.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

I won’t say I found anything bad in their relationship. To me, Kim meeting Shan was part of the eye opening experience Kim had in this book and I like how their relationship evolved in the book.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”