Kim and Shan

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Kim and Shan

Post by abstactlemon »

What do you think of Kim's relationship with Shan, I like them as friends and it was interesting reading this knowing how their relationship evolves in the future. I also like the context that the AI force into their relationship.
it is what it is ....
Samantha Barnes 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-barnes-3.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Samantha Barnes 3 »

Their relationship was very intriguing. I didn't expect their relationship to evolve into a romantic one; however, when it did, I was pleasantly surprised. I loved how their relationship slowly evolved over the course of the novel.
Grace Elkana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

Well, I felt that the romantic side of their relationship played into the regular plot. I would have preferred them to remain friends, while the author leaves speculations as to whether or not they would be more than that.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

I like how their relationship evolved in the book and I felt as if they clearly loved each other in all of the ways. Some of Kim's memory got erased which made it so she took much longer to realize!
Kelsey Roy
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-roy.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Kelsey Roy »

I found myself silently urging Kim to stay away from Shan to stay out of trouble. It seemed like Kim had an unconscious urge to be with Shan, maybe due to her wiped memory, regardless of the consequences. I enjoyed the interactions between these two characters and was not surprised by the realization at the end of the book.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Kelsey Roy wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 22:49 I found myself silently urging Kim to stay away from Shan to stay out of trouble. It seemed like Kim had an unconscious urge to be with Shan, maybe due to her wiped memory, regardless of the consequences. I enjoyed the interactions between these two characters and was not surprised by the realization at the end of the book.
Me tooooo! Totally agreed. I’m a risk adverse person, haha.
Maryam Newman
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryam-newman.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Maryam Newman »

I had a feeling from the beginning that there was more to Kim and Shan's relationship than close friendship and was really happy that they eventually got together. The fact that Kim's memory had been erased did nothing to destroy the love that she had always had for Shan, and Shan's patience while waiting for the moment that love would eventually resurface spoke volumes about the depth of her love for Kim.

To quote one of my favourite poets, "love's function is to fabricate unknownness", and this is exactly what it did for Kim. Even though she was always unhappy and longed for fulfilment, it was really the realization of her love for Shan that drew her out of being a run-of-the-mill, obedient cog in the machine into the fully-realized, self-actualizing human being she truly wanted to be, with the freedom to choose for herself, to live with the uncertainty of the unknown and create her own life, not follow a pre-written script, no matter how glamorous. It's a great story that sets things up perfectly for the real struggle that lies ahead for Kim, because now she knows exactly what she's fighting for and how much it means to her.
Aditii Mehta
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditii-mehta.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Aditii Mehta »

I am happy that Kim and Shan got together eventually. Absolutely loved how their beautiful friendship turned into a romantic relationship.
Natasha Hlongwane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-hlongwane.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Natasha Hlongwane »

I was shocked when their relationship evolved into a romantic one. Shan's presence in Kim's life is a disruptive, but necessary force, because she brings out the bravery within her.
readingswithsoso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingswithsoso.html
Latest Review: The Prophecy of the Heron by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by readingswithsoso »

I loved it! At the beginning their relationship made me nervous because Kim kept saying that it was only Shan's fault that they got expelled. It felt like a toxic relationship, also. But as their relationship starts developing towards the end of the book the feelings get clearer and they are more respectable of each other.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

I like their friendship. Friends made mistake and got angry with one another, but they stay together till the end. I don't think I like the part they became romantically involved that much though.
John Ikenwanze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-ikenwanze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by John Ikenwanze »

A great relationship is built by great friends. I am glad they started off as friends and this evolved into something great. It is both intriguing to read. This adds an interesting dimension to the story.
Hannah Hampton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-hampton.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Knowledge by Terence H.Young

Post by Hannah Hampton »

I thought their relationship was so dynamic and interesting! Even before it turned romantic, I was so intrigued by Kim's hesitancy to defy the Hierarchy, while Shan seemed destined to get the both of them in trouble. Seeing how they both reacted to their initial bicycle fiasco was very telling as to how they feel about each other and the Hierarchy.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I felt the chemistry between them from the beginning and felt they kind of fought against it, so as to not harm their close friendship. It didn't surprise me at all when it evolved into more, and I liked that Shan kept Kim thinking and curious, although that also got them into trouble a lot.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

Their relationship was quite intriguing. I liked how they seemed to be friends for a long time. However, I didn't like that Shan always got Kim into trouble, and how she was unable to say no to Shan all the time.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”