Strange World  

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Strange World  

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

Friederic Schröder wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 00:27
Linus Ann wrote: 06 Dec 2022, 01:35 There were a lot of interesting and unusual things about the world presented in this book: a VR-dominated world with AI house appliances, non-genderized colors, "birth-giver" and mentorship arrangements, etc.
While I was amused and intrigued by this new world, I knew almost immediately that I didn't want to experience living in a world as remote as that.
What was your impression of this world? 
Would you like to experience living in that kind of digital world? 
I would like to live in a futurist world, where the transportation system is well designed like in the novel, Terms of Service but being ruled by one is an idea that I condemn and reject. The "birth-giver" and the mentorist is a term I dislike as well.
I understand the advantages of living in an organized society where the transport system. And most crimes are controlled but I believe that the effect from the negative angle would not be appealing to any one.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”