The title of the book

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Jerry Spencer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Re: The title of the book

Post by Jerry Spencer »

The title easily fit for me. I was able to understand and observe the changes as they happened. Terms of Service remains the slickest title for this book.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

Yes, It does reflect the content of the novel and it is the perfect title for this novel.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

I must admit that originally the title of the book seemed strange but as you progress in the plot you realize its suitability because it is all about about the characters getting used to the terms which will apply to regulate their lives and activities.
Jakub Bystrowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

The title of the book is perfect. It is an accurate but brief summary of the book. It was very inspiring and made me want to read it. It reflects the general theme of the book.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I said something similar in other topic, I think is a perfect reflection of the idea that people in Kim's society have accepted they are not in control of their lives, companies can do whatever they want, as they want, without any consequence. And people know and agree. It's a great detail and works perfectly with the plot.
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I think the title is ideal because the characters' lives revolve around each company's terms of service, whether it is the Clothing Company, the Food Company, the Transportation Company, etc. If Kim or any of her friends violate the terms of service, they will be punished. The terms of service are The Hierarchy's means of controlling average citizens.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Claire Twy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

Yasmine M wrote: 08 Dec 2022, 07:19 "Terms of Service: subject to change without notice", how well does this title reflect the content of the book?
I think it's extremely apt since from the beginning, we're already shown the terms of service with which these citizens are forced to live their life by. Kim continuously rebels against these terms and makes her own changes without approval or notice from the government. Hence, it's a befitting and intriguing title.
Blackstenius
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

In my opinion, the title of the book was not befitting of the book. At first glance, I thought this book's content was business-related.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”