Fun thread - what did you think about the food Kim ate?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Naghma Qureshi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Whole-Brain Child
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naghma-qureshi.html
Latest Review: Odonata The Flying Jewel of Maiden Grass Pond by Barbara Gervais Ciancimino

Re: Fun thread - what did you think about the food Kim ate?

Post by Naghma Qureshi »

Kelsey Roy wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 18:40 It was definitely a punishment! I would not have done well with the refrigerators options or the cold showers. Good food is one of the special things in life that people can find easy and simple enjoyment out of. To be deprived of this pleasure with no way to remedy the situation is surely a severe punishment!
Ah...Absolutely! The diet was seriously boring. And I would dread the cold showers the most. Good food can be the least to make a tough life a teeny bit easier to endure.
Abdul-Malik Hassan
Favorite Author: Linnea Tanner
Currently Reading: How to jumpstart your faith in 21 days!
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul-malik-hassan.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 79732

Post by Abdul-Malik Hassan »

Honestly, I can’t even make up for such a diet. Even for Kim, it seemed like a nuisance. Of course, there were at times when she was offered some best alternatives; especially during her promotion. So you can say a lot about Kim’s diet. But one thing is for sure, in most cases, it wasn't her preferred choice.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

There was a time even I would think of healthy foods as yucky or boring. However, as I grew older, I started to take a liking to it. Having said that, the kind of stuff mentioned here, I don't think I'll ever be able to eat that healthy. 😀
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

Seriously, I imagined the food to be delicious. It all sounded Chinese to me. I think that on a normal day, if she had the freedom to eat everything and anything she wanted at any time, the foods would have be awesome.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

I know that people do not like healthy food, not because they are not delicious though. It is because it is kind of obligatory or "something you have to eat to stay healthy" that makes it unappealing. People want to eat whatever they think ofm
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Nisha DSouza wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 03:15 There was a time even I would think of healthy foods as yucky or boring. However, as I grew older, I started to take a liking to it. Having said that, the kind of stuff mentioned here, I don't think I'll ever be able to eat that healthy. 😀
This is typical me! All the greasy foods seemed to be more tasty than all the healthy food. I guess we all get wiser with age. Eating healthy can be good and healthy foods can be delicious too!
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Abdul-Malik Hassan wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 10:03 Honestly, I can’t even make up for such a diet. Even for Kim, it seemed like a nuisance. Of course, there were at times when she was offered some best alternatives; especially during her promotion. So you can say a lot about Kim’s diet. But one thing is for sure, in most cases, it wasn't her preferred choice.
I think it is the limited choice or limited freedom of choice that make the food unappealing. You might even find out that if Kim was given the freedom to eat whatever she wanted, she might have opted for those same foods.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Past Speaks by Geoff McCue

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I'm fine with eating healthy foods and following a plant-based diet. In Kim's case, it appears that some creativity in the preparation would make her food more appealing.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Gavice V wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 03:45
This is typical me! All the greasy foods seemed to be more tasty than all the healthy food. I guess we all get wiser with age. Eating healthy can be good and healthy foods can be delicious too!
That's true. But eating it all the time would be a punishment for sure. :lol:
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Okorji98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

The food as described sounded quite bland and didn’t give the impression that it was appetizing and delicious, though healthy. It definitely did not sound like the kind of food that I would like to eat.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

No. Definitely no. I have never tried tofu so I cannot say if it is good or bad, but is not so much about the food for me but the fact that even if they can afford it, they might not deserve to eat something better. I like choosing my own food.

I do not know what spelt is and Google says is like wheat but did they eat it like grains, or cooked somehow? That seems just awful!
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

The food in the book seemed to be a major issue for the protagonist, and it is not hard to see why. Kim's meals were bland and unappetizing, to say the least, and eating seemed more like a chore than a pleasure.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Songs »

In a world where AI and technology have advanced so much, one would expect food to be a more enjoyable experience. But it seems that the focus on health and economy has led to a lack of variety and taste in food. It makes one wonder how diverse the average person's palate would be in this world, where everyone is expected to eat the same kind of food.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Emily Meadows wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 13:36 Spelt, tofu, kale, quinoa, lentils, boiled synchicken...

What did you think of the food Kim had to eat? It sounded rather terrible to me, but healthy all the same. Where was the fruit? What happened to other vegetables? I especially noticed the absence of beef - even "synbeef."

Could you live on Kim's diet? :)
I even don't know all those foods. :D I only know that it is healthy, and I think I can't live Kim's diet, it is unappetizing, I guess.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Songs »

Kim's refrigerator seemed to have a preference for low-fat, high-protein food, which she found stingy. She longed for sweet indulgences. These indulgences are not only a treat for the taste buds but also a form of therapy for many people. Imagine not being able to enjoy food in such a world; it would be a bleak existence.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”