Fun thread - what did you think about the food Kim ate?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
John Ikenwanze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-ikenwanze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Fun thread - what did you think about the food Kim ate?

Post by John Ikenwanze »

It is a no, no for me. I didn't fancy Kim's meal and would pass on any offer to live on it.
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

The food sounds awful. You’re right though; it’s a weird mix of healthy and missing key fruits and vegetables. I would really hate the food, but if you don’t know any better, then it may not matter.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

:) I could certainly live on Kim's diet and personally, I love kale. I am not a great fan of spelt, tofu and quinoa but would prefer them to that red meat steak Kim is trying to get from her uncooperative fridge. The purple week's food was weird but I am puzzled why Kim so much disliked the prunes.

What I really do not like is the concept of the rationed food supplies with the choices and quality dictated by the food company dependent on the human's social ranking assessed by the AIs. And the diet of only microwaved ready meals lacks the comforts of home-cooked meals.
Maryam Newman
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryam-newman.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Maryam Newman »

I found Kim's relationship with her refrigerator hilarious. I guess if I was in her position I'd have no choice other than to eat what I was given, to the extent that I could. I love my coffee in the morning, but definitely with cream. The sausages and eggs she refers to having the week before the spelt and tofu spell would be right up my alley as well as oats with butter and cream. The supper options were mostly dire (tofu without flavoring is just meh!). I suppose that restricting the diet of the masses would ensure weight and health is optimized, although in practice it seems more like punishment for being mediocre.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

Maryam Newman wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 01:36 I found Kim's relationship with her refrigerator hilarious. I guess if I was in her position I'd have no choice other than to eat what I was given, to the extent that I could. I love my coffee in the morning, but definitely with cream. The sausages and eggs she refers to having the week before the spelt and tofu spell would be right up my alley as well as oats with butter and cream. The supper options were mostly dire (tofu without flavoring is just meh!). I suppose that restricting the diet of the masses would ensure weight and health is optimized, although in practice it seems more like punishment for being mediocre.
I hadn’t even thought about the food as weight control for the masses. Interesting take and spot on!
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

The diet sounds awful. It seems like it doesn't have any flavor. I like quinoa when it's mixed with other flavorful foods, like in a salad. I don't believe I've ever had spelt- hulled wheat. I do enjoy lentils, especially in soup, but I don't think she gets the luxury of soup. But I am not a fan of tofu or boiled synchicken, I am sure. Yuck.
readingswithsoso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingswithsoso.html
Latest Review: The Prophecy of the Heron by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by readingswithsoso »

Julie Gebrosky wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 07:55 I would really hate the food, but if you don’t know any better, then it may not matter.
Except for the microwaved tofu, I think :D
readingswithsoso
Currently Reading:

Cheryl Erickson wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 13:37 The diet sounds awful. It seems like it doesn't have any flavor. I like quinoa when it's mixed with other flavorful foods, like in a salad. I don't believe I've ever had spelt- hulled wheat. I do enjoy lentils, especially in soup, but I don't think she gets the luxury of soup. But I am not a fan of tofu or boiled synchicken, I am sure. Yuck.
I am a big fan of quinoa! And lentils

A little bit of salt it makes it very tasty but I think I would easily eat it also without it.
readingswithsoso
Currently Reading:

Maryam Newman wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 01:36 although in practice it seems more like punishment for being mediocre.
Yes, I totally agree. Which in the end it will make you have an unhealthy relationship with the food.
readingswithsoso
Currently Reading:

Olga Markova wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 16:30 And the diet of only microwaved ready meals lacks the comforts of home-cooked meals.
Yes, this really upset be too! At least an electrical stove!
readingswithsoso
Currently Reading:

Yasmine M wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 11:09 With all the diets that have been going around nowadays, it is not impossible that in the future, meals will be only for our dietary requirements.
Yes, possibly. But I think it was more to be used as a punishment according to their social ranking.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

The food sounded absolutely terrible and I definitely won't be able to live on that and also not without having any choice in what I eat. I COMPLETELY understand why people would break the "law" to get food. I would've been one of them!
Maryam Newman
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryam-newman.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Maryam Newman »

readingswithsoso wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 16:54
Maryam Newman wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 01:36 although in practice it seems more like punishment for being mediocre.
Yes, I totally agree. Which in the end it will make you have an unhealthy relationship with the food.
I wonder if this is responsible for the Kim-fridge antagonism? Kim hates food, fridge picks up on it and sulks, gives Kim more food that she hates...Vicious cycle.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I think it was awfully repetitive, but it was healthy. Probably specifically engineered for maximum longevity.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

readingswithsoso wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 16:53
Cheryl Erickson wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 13:37 The diet sounds awful. It seems like it doesn't have any flavor. I like quinoa when it's mixed with other flavorful foods, like in a salad. I don't believe I've ever had spelt- hulled wheat. I do enjoy lentils, especially in soup, but I don't think she gets the luxury of soup. But I am not a fan of tofu or boiled synchicken, I am sure. Yuck.
I am a big fan of quinoa! And lentils

A little bit of salt it makes it very tasty but I think I would easily eat it also without it.
Bwah haha. With salt, much much much is possible.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”