Are you planning to read The Prophecy of the Heron?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Are you planning to read The Prophecy of the Heron?

Post by Claire Twy »

readingswithsoso wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 18:29 I've started reading "The Prophecy of the Heron." However, I'm afraid it might spoil the story. I personally loved "Terms of Service," so I'm afraid the second book won't live up to the first.

Anyone else?
I think anyone who loved the first book would want to see a continuation, considering how the book ended on a cliffhanger. There are still lots of possibilities to explore and I, for one, am interested to see how the different characters evolve.
Deborah Campion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah-campion.html
Latest Review: Bone Necklace by Julia Sullivan

Post by Deborah Campion »

yes, yes, yes! i have a couple other books ahead of it but look forward to Prophecy of the Heron
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I am curious to see how things play out in the second installment. Now that Shan has decided to be a "blank," I wonder what will happen to her. I also wonder if she and Kim will reunite. I think they will. I would also be interested to see how Kim copes with living in the outer districts.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Blackstenius
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

I read The Prophecy of the Heron and for me, it's the contrary; I loved it much better than Terms of Service. One of the reasons why is that the introductory part of the first book was too lengthy, and it had fewer high-octane action scenes than its sequel. Also, since Kim was used to the privileged soft life working for the AI Company and living in the safer inner districts, the idea of her striving to survive outside in the crime-ridden outer districts among the outlaws with a bounty on her head provided a much more thrilling story. The second book also had less confusing intimacy scenes, which was a plus to me. Overall, the second book was levels above the first one, in my opinion.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”