Terms of Service

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Meghan Sica
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-sica.html
Latest Review: House of Hoops by June Gillam

Terms of Service

Post by Meghan Sica »

I just purchased this book and am so excited to read it! Upon reading the description I can tell this book will be riveting and thought provoking. The description and some of the reviews I've read sort of remind me of the books by Orson Scott Card.
AllTooWell
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

I read this book not long ago and posted a review about it. I enjoyed it, at first I was afraid of a modern version of Orwell's 1984, but I was pleased with how the story played out.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I'm almost finished with the book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I experience escaping from the real world and submerging in the imaginative world of the author. Though the author futurizes negatively about the AIs, I still find his book remarkable!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Past Speaks by Geoff McCue

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

This book was enjoyable to read. It ponders the different facets of a technologically advanced and highly organized society. The way it explores the uniqueness of humans in this type of society is thought-provoking.
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 02:21 I'm almost finished with the book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I experience escaping from the real world and submerging in the imaginative world of the author. Though the author futurizes negatively about the AIs, I still find his book remarkable!
I think the author gives us hints/teases us in his own description of the book, as Kim seems haunted by past traumas. As far as escaping from the real world for awhile, I hear ya! As much as I like escaping though, I'm always having to come back. Real people are what makes this place so interesting. :)
Savina Visintin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Savina Visintin »

This book told me about a different world that was very interesting to discover. Still, I prefer our reality and am glad I do not have to live in Kim's world forever; having read about it is enough for me. :wink:
Bavithra karthikeyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-karthikeyan.html
Latest Review: This Affects Me How? by M.K. Corbin

Post by Bavithra karthikeyan »

I have completed more than half of the book and the world this book introduces us to is not just interesting but also it is terrifying. In some ways it makes us want to live in that society which is more organized and more disciplined. But a fully technology controlled world is something to think about more.
Between the pages of a book is the loveliest place to be :techie-studyingbrown: :D
Ophiohonren Hiram
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Hate U Give
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ophiohonren-hiram.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Ophiohonren Hiram »

I actually reviewed this book first before realizing it was a book of the month.
It was so interesting😂😂(the reading experience).
I always asked myself "What's going on in the author's mind"?
I actually started to appreciate my "not-so-techy life.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Doomsday Clock by Mark Pearson

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I liked this book a lot. When I started reading it I thought it would be the typical dystopia. However, it takes a totally different tack, because it puts into perspective the defaults that machines are coded for, and the commands they are forced to follow, is confusing, and demeaning, from an AI logic standpoint. . I loved it, and I definitely recommend it.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I enjoyed reading and reviewing this book. For me, it's a 5 out of 5 stars.
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

The book's description mentioned its similarity to George Orwell's 1984, but I have to admit that I was hesitant to read Terms of Service. I thought it would be an utterly depressing dystopian novel. However, I am glad I ended up reading it. Yes, there were many depressing elements in the story, but there was also a lot of humor, love, and friendship also. The author showed both the ugliness and the beauty of life and the human condition.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Claire Twy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

Meghan Sica wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 14:54 I just purchased this book and am so excited to read it! Upon reading the description I can tell this book will be riveting and thought provoking. The description and some of the reviews I've read sort of remind me of the books by Orson Scott Card.
I read and wrote a review on this book recently. I found it to be a decent dystopian novel, with an interesting world that the author clearly put lots of time and thought into, judging by all the little details. This book is the first of the series, and without spoiling anything, I can assure you that it lays the foundation for a compelling story of a rebel's journey and entices readers to follow along.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

I got interested in the book because of the title and description and all I could ask my self was hold the title of a book could be so direct. After purchasing it, I wasn’t disappointed from reading this book. Apart from the fact that it was slow paced but I believe the plot was great.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”