What themes did you find in the reading that surprised you?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

What themes did you find in the reading that surprised you?

Post by Bettny Andrade »

One of the things that caught my attention is that common things from the past like writing songs and listening to music are also prohibited, there is a lot of secrecy.

What other things did you find in the reading that surprised you?
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

What surprised me was the Chit Chat system. I dislike that anyone knew what is your whereabouts, even the smallest things, it was uncovered.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 17:30 One of the things that caught my attention is that common things from the past like writing songs and listening to music are also prohibited, there is a lot of secrecy.

What other things did you find in the reading that surprised you?
I was surprised by Kim's distress at her preference between innies and outies. Despite the society comprising of all women, it still seems there are some distinguishing features between them, since she labels herself as a 'genderist'. It was extremely unexpected, but I feel like this could be something to explore as Kim battles her sexuality since in their society, it is frowned upon to show a preference between an innie and outie. Hopefully, this is touched on further throughout the rest of the series as I think it could be quite interesting and important in Kim's discovery of her true identity.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”