Winter Fun (Dec '22)

For December 2022, we will be reading holiday-based and/or winter-based books.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Re: Winter Fun (Dec '22)

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 14:03
Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 04:41 Wow, I googled tubing, it looks so much fun. Yeah, I agree your toddler will love it. What's his/her name? Snowshoeing is great. When I have a chance, I want to try snowshoeing coz I love to roam around in nature. Wow, I'm glad to know you had try it and had so much fun.

Wow, so interesting to hear your husband does skiing. I hope you will have a family skiing soon. That is surely enjoyable.

Yes, snow is magical to look at. I love seeing it on the internet since that's the only way I can enjoy the snow (virtually). Yes, for me, having 4 seasons are amazing. You always see beautiful and new environments in a couple of months. That's an advantage. I wish my place is like that as well but yeah, I still enjoy the tropical weather. It's good there are snowblowers. That helps so much.

Thanks for replying Heide. It's good to know some of the things around your place! I appreciate you!

All the best,
Hazel
It is fun! My toddler loves slides, speed, and snow, so I also think he’ll enjoy tubing! :)

I sometimes complain about the snow and cold, but it is home to me and I’m not sure what it’d be like to live without all four seasons (fall leaves are so pretty). I will say, though, I do love the heat and if we had warmer weather, I definitely wouldn’t mind!

I appreciate our conversations, too! I love hearing how other people live. Puts everything in perspective. :) Thank you for chatting with me!
Oh my God! Autumn? I love seeing it. There is a particular tree here in PH that falls leaves also during the season, and I'm kind of crazy about this tree. I love the color of trees during autumn, and I wish that I can see it in real. I like to hear the sound of leaves when stepping on it. Wow, it feels magical. In my place, the weather mostly ranges from 23°C to 35°C. Some places are in the PH range of 40°C. Others have 8°C like Baguio. It depends on the area, urban-more heat, and rural-cooler. Elevated areas-cold.

Yes, it's wonderful to talk to some people far from my place. I can get to know the person and their places without traveling. Thanks again, Heide!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Emily Meadows wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 16:07 I'm jealous of all of you people who live in warm climates! I'm in Seattle - our winters are usually rainy and fairly mild. It means we don't get much sun, but also we aren't freezing. Every winter seems a bit different, and right now we're on a cold streak. I'd love a good dose of 80-degree (F) weather and sun!
Hi Emily. I feel the same. We love to try different weather momentarily. Sometimes, I complain about our weather, so hot or so rainy. It changes so quickly, but yes, most of the time, it's comfortable. Ohh, I love the sun, especially the sunset and sunrise. Ohh, I have the 80 degrees F most of the time. And we always have sun. It's quite interesting, other places add or subtract time like +1. Here, we don't have. How long the day is the same in night? Well, im also jealous of your weather. I like to try it too.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Emily Meadows wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 16:07 I'm jealous of all of you people who live in warm climates! I'm in Seattle - our winters are usually rainy and fairly mild. It means we don't get much sun, but also we aren't freezing. Every winter seems a bit different, and right now we're in a cold streak. I'd love a good dose of 80 degree (F) weather and sun!
Oh no…not much sun? What temperature is considered cold in Seattle? I agree, I love a good dose of 80 degree (F), too!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 18:20
Heidi M Simone wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 14:03
Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 04:41 Wow, I googled tubing, it looks so much fun. Yeah, I agree your toddler will love it. What's his/her name? Snowshoeing is great. When I have a chance, I want to try snowshoeing coz I love to roam around in nature. Wow, I'm glad to know you had try it and had so much fun.

Wow, so interesting to hear your husband does skiing. I hope you will have a family skiing soon. That is surely enjoyable.

Yes, snow is magical to look at. I love seeing it on the internet since that's the only way I can enjoy the snow (virtually). Yes, for me, having 4 seasons are amazing. You always see beautiful and new environments in a couple of months. That's an advantage. I wish my place is like that as well but yeah, I still enjoy the tropical weather. It's good there are snowblowers. That helps so much.

Thanks for replying Heide. It's good to know some of the things around your place! I appreciate you!

All the best,
Hazel
It is fun! My toddler loves slides, speed, and snow, so I also think he’ll enjoy tubing! :)

I sometimes complain about the snow and cold, but it is home to me and I’m not sure what it’d be like to live without all four seasons (fall leaves are so pretty). I will say, though, I do love the heat and if we had warmer weather, I definitely wouldn’t mind!

I appreciate our conversations, too! I love hearing how other people live. Puts everything in perspective. :) Thank you for chatting with me!
Oh my God! Autumn? I love seeing it. There is a particular tree here in PH that falls leaves also during the season, and I'm kind of crazy about this tree. I love the color of trees during autumn, and I wish that I can see it in real. I like to hear the sound of leaves when stepping on it. Wow, it feels magical. In my place, the weather mostly ranges from 23°C to 35°C. Some places are in the PH range of 40°C. Others have 8°C like Baguio. It depends on the area, urban-more heat, and rural-cooler. Elevated areas-cold.

Yes, it's wonderful to talk to some people far from my place. I can get to know the person and their places without traveling. Thanks again, Heide!
The leaves changing colors does seem magical. I’m glad that you have one tree that you enjoy watching as it changes color. We get anywhere from -10F to 100F at times, but those are extremes and we don’t get the severely low or high often.

Thank you to you, too, Hazel! :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “December 2022 Genre Discussion”