Overall rating and opinion of "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris

Use this forum to discuss the January 2023 Book of the Month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=550484

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Overall rating and opinion of "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the January 2023 Book of the month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

I am highly impressed with the book. The author is really passionate about effective writing and making the difference. The book is relatable and highly recommended for individuals in a relationship or intending to enter into a relationship.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

This is a great book to help parents talk to their children about sensitive subjects! I would give this book a 5 star rating!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

It's an enlightening book! It's a call for parents to be social enough for their kids to be open with them, especially about pertinent things going on in their lives. The writing style of the author was simple. The non-fiction genre was incorporated into it. No part of this book detested me.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Tosin Le »

It's an educational book! Parents are urged to be approachable enough for their children to be honest with them, especially regarding important events occurring in their life. The author's writing was straightforward. There were elements of non-fiction in it. Nothing about this book offended me.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Tosin Le »

It's an educational book! Parents are urged to be approachable enough for their children to be honest with them, especially regarding important events occurring in their life. The author's writing was straightforward. There were elements of non-fiction in it. Nothing about this book offended me.
Aloe Crane
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aloe-crane.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by Aloe Crane »

I don't know if I got the wrong book or something, but it feels like it. I compared the reviews here and the Amazon description with the book itself, and found that the book is just advertising for religious beliefs. Though I liked the parts that actually had to do with the content of the book, I felt like I was slugging through religious advertising for around seventy-five percent of the book. The writing style was fine, but I would've preferred the author not to feel as defensive about us non-religious folk, it put me off when they tried to blatantly convert me with sources and facts from at least thirty years ago. Again, I quite liked the author, but seeing opinions without facts just wretched my heart. This was clearly not much of a self help book for atheists, or anyone not of the same religion, as it is religious in its genre, which I didn't think would matter, initially. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, simply because I felt like it did not answer any of the questions it set out to do.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Aloe Crane wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 00:16 I don't know if I got the wrong book or something, but it feels like it. I compared the reviews here and the Amazon description with the book itself, and found that the book is just advertising for religious beliefs. Though I liked the parts that actually had to do with the content of the book, I felt like I was slugging through religious advertising for around seventy-five percent of the book. The writing style was fine, but I would've preferred the author not to feel as defensive about us non-religious folk, it put me off when they tried to blatantly convert me with sources and facts from at least thirty years ago. Again, I quite liked the author, but seeing opinions without facts just wretched my heart. This was clearly not much of a self help book for atheists, or anyone not of the same religion, as it is religious in its genre, which I didn't think would matter, initially. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, simply because I felt like it did not answer any of the questions it set out to do.
Wow, I read the book too, and I must say that you're right about the religious aspect. I'm a Christian, so I didn't find the book as religious as you described. Maybe the main audience for the book are Christians with bad sexual hygiene. But you should have guessed from the title, because it says "spiritual attitude."
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

This book is very helpful and insightful to those in a relationship or thinking about entering one. It did feel like the author wandered off topic with all the religious talk. The book aims to help parents answer the uncomfortable questions that kids ask.
Aloe Crane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aloe-crane.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by Aloe Crane »

Alex Reeves wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 02:05
Aloe Crane wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 00:16 I don't know if I got the wrong book or something, but it feels like it. I compared the reviews here and the Amazon description with the book itself, and found that the book is just advertising for religious beliefs. Though I liked the parts that actually had to do with the content of the book, I felt like I was slugging through religious advertising for around seventy-five percent of the book. The writing style was fine, but I would've preferred the author not to feel as defensive about us non-religious folk, it put me off when they tried to blatantly convert me with sources and facts from at least thirty years ago. Again, I quite liked the author, but seeing opinions without facts just wretched my heart. This was clearly not much of a self help book for atheists, or anyone not of the same religion, as it is religious in its genre, which I didn't think would matter, initially. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, simply because I felt like it did not answer any of the questions it set out to do.
Wow, I read the book too, and I must say that you're right about the religious aspect. I'm a Christian, so I didn't find the book as religious as you described. Maybe the main audience for the book are Christians with bad sexual hygiene. But you should have guessed from the title, because it says "spiritual attitude."
I agree with you, partly, because spirituality does not equal religious, but yeah, I just wanted to give it a try! I guess it's just a matter of perspective, thank you for helping me understand that view. Can I ask what your opinion is in terms of if this book helped you with good sexual hygiene and develop or reinforce a good spiritual attitude?
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

I would rate it five out of five stars. My opinion is that this book addresses critical and sensitive issues that concern children's personal growth and development as well as family bonding. For example, the necessity of parents being open to discuss their children's sexuality and sexual inclination is of invaluable.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Aloe Crane wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 08:38
Alex Reeves wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 02:05
I agree with you, partly, because spirituality does not equal religious, but yeah, I just wanted to give it a try! I guess it's just a matter of perspective, thank you for helping me understand that view. Can I ask what your opinion is in terms of if this book helped you with good sexual hygiene and develop or reinforce a good spiritual attitude?
I may say that it somewhat strengthened certain spiritual aspects of mine seemed to be lacking. Some of the sexual hygiene discussed in the book are widely known, so I found little help there. I agree with it's disdain for sex before marriage and promiscuity, as it somewhat gave a deeper explanations to the subjects.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A book that teaches parents how to talk about sex with their children in the right way. The author's writing style was conversational and the book contains a lot of lessons. The book cover also goes well with the book content. I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

Sexual health is extremely important and sadly very less travelled, I'm love how this book is more about teaching parents how to talk to kids about their sexual health.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

I think this book has a lot to teach to our contemporary youths and parents, especially in the aspect of sexuality, which is a complex reality we've got to face. For me, I will award it four out of five and I will easily recommend it to others.

Return to “Discuss "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris”