Overall rating and opinion of "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris

Use this forum to discuss the January 2023 Book of the Month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=550484

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

The book is really enlightening both for parents, intending parents and young adults as it serves as a guide towards a pure sex life and how to talk to children about things relating to sex.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

This was definitely a great book and I think it will help guide parents with young kids a lot. I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars and use it as a helpline as my son grows up.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

I'll give the book a five-star rating because it's started an important conversation that a lot of us adults shy away from having. Also, it emphasised the importance of sexual purity, a message I completely agree with.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I am glad that there is a book like this. Will definitely use this when my son is old enough to understand it. I think his explanations is very helpful and will help me explain it to my son a lot better than how I would have explained it.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

This is a great book that talks about what most of us shy away from. Sex forms a big part of our lives and we need to be educated as much as we can about it so we can be safe and feel good about ourselves. I would rate it five stars and recommend it to both the young and the old.
Annas Felix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annas-felix.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Annas Felix »

I think the book delivered on its promise. I learned how to have a better sexual relationship with my partner. I only have issues with the perspective of the author. Coming from a religious perspective might alienate non-religious folks from the lessons in this book.
Aditii Mehta
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditii-mehta.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Aditii Mehta »

We need more books like this! Parents should openly talk to their children about sexual health.
Sarah McAnally
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sarah McAnally »

I have to be the dissenter here. This book is terrible. It barely touches on the topic it is touted as being about; it spouts homophobia and misogyny; and is full of misrepresentations, untruths and full out lies. Granted, I was not prepared for the Jehovah's Witness Bible lesson that filled these pages, but as a practicing Christian I was appalled by the science denialism, hypocrisy and judgement that Mr. Morris attempts to turn into cold hard facts in this book. His use of absolutisms and what he eventually calls "parables" which let's face it - are just lies about his life- are ridiculous attempts to frame his opinions as truths. Even if I agreed with the content, I could appreciate the message if the book had been advertised accurately, presented honestly, or even fact checked. As the forum discussions have proven, this book only appeals to a very specific audience and should have been marketed that way.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

I wasn't that impressed with this book. I feel as though most of it was just trying to push religion and explain why it is real rather than diving into the subject of sex and relating matters.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

Aloe Crane wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 00:16 I don't know if I got the wrong book or something, but it feels like it. I compared the reviews here and the Amazon description with the book itself, and found that the book is just advertising for religious beliefs. Though I liked the parts that actually had to do with the content of the book, I felt like I was slugging through religious advertising for around seventy-five percent of the book. The writing style was fine, but I would've preferred the author not to feel as defensive about us non-religious folk, it put me off when they tried to blatantly convert me with sources and facts from at least thirty years ago. Again, I quite liked the author, but seeing opinions without facts just wretched my heart. This was clearly not much of a self help book for atheists, or anyone not of the same religion, as it is religious in its genre, which I didn't think would matter, initially. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, simply because I felt like it did not answer any of the questions it set out to do.
I definitely agree with these ideas. I felt like a lot of the book was just trying to prove why Christianity is correct instead which felt very forced and aggressive to anyone not of that faith.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-stacy-leon.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Faith Stacy Leon »

I see this book as a great self-help book. It details tips for a healthy sexual life. It also highlighted general human antiques that can help anyone that inculcates them into his life live a happy life. Spiritual insights were also started. I didn't dislike anything in the book. The writing style of the author was simple. Avid fictional book lovers will love it.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

This book is excellent for self-help, in my opinion. It provides advice on leading a healthy sexual life. It also emphasized universal human traits that can make everyone happier if they adopt them into their lives. Additionally, spiritual revelations were started. There was nothing in the book that bothered me. The author's writing was straightforward. Fans of fiction books will adore it.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

It's a fantastic self-help resource. It includes advice on how to lead a healthy sexual life. It also emphasized universal human traits that, if practiced, can lead to a happy existence for anyone. Also stated were spiritual discoveries. Nothing in the book offended me. The text was straightforward and clear. It will appeal to voracious readers of fiction.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

The book addresses a lot of subjects that were considered taboo and discusses them openly and honestly. I think this book is beneficial to a lot of younger people who have questions or concerns and need information or guidance.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

Aloe Crane wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 00:16 I don't know if I got the wrong book or something, but it feels like it. I compared the reviews here and the Amazon description with the book itself, and found that the book is just advertising for religious beliefs. Though I liked the parts that actually had to do with the content of the book, I felt like I was slugging through religious advertising for around seventy-five percent of the book. The writing style was fine, but I would've preferred the author not to feel as defensive about us non-religious folk, it put me off when they tried to blatantly convert me with sources and facts from at least thirty years ago. Again, I quite liked the author, but seeing opinions without facts just wretched my heart. This was clearly not much of a self help book for atheists, or anyone not of the same religion, as it is religious in its genre, which I didn't think would matter, initially. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, simply because I felt like it did not answer any of the questions it set out to do.
Thanks for your honesty and candid reply. I’m a believer, and this book sometimes rubbed me the wrong way. I think the author had good intentions, but sometimes the religious zealot can make a good message unattractive. There were several topics I felt he was ranting about, and it was off putting. I also hate when authors use the King James Version of the Bible. That to me speaks volumes of how conservative you are.

Return to “Discuss "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris”