Overall rating and opinion of "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris

Use this forum to discuss the January 2023 Book of the Month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=550484

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

The book is not just focused on sexual hygiene and helping readers understand sex better, but it also focuses on helping readers to improve their morals and draw closer to God. The message of the book is great overall; however, the author tends to be on-dimensional in his thinking, even hinting that people are not moral if they do not follow his views. I will rate the book three out of four stars.
Mary Bircher
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: I'll Stop the World
Bookshelf Size: 732
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-bircher.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mary Bircher »

The author was horribly judgmental. The whole book seemed like a rant from a geocities website. Whether I agreed with the point or not, the book itself was just bad. It's more like an insulting manifesto.
Tasha Young
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tasha Young »

Tasha Young
The genre of the book I would say is realistic fiction. The author gave examples of real life events to describe the topics he is referring to. What I liked most about the book is that it talks about beliefs and God. What I liked least is that the title give a different perspective of the book then indicated. The greatest lesson from this book is to not lie to our kids about simple things because they will grow up not knowing real life facts. Don't hide the truth from your kids because they could grow up not trusting anything we as parents has to say. I think that this book was not on track with the title of the book. I thought the book would be about hygienes and sex. The title is very clear with actual story that it presents. I don't think I would recommend this book to anyone because I would have to go into detail about the title and what the book is really about. I don't want to recommend this book to someone and offend them by the title name.
Tasha Young
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tasha Young »

The title was not clear with the actual story that it presents.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

I must admit, this book is a very enlightening one. Although, I found the author being hypocritical in some parts of the book, it still passes across the intended message. The book’s cover and title fits it’s content quite well. Overall, this is a wonderful book.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

I will reduce the rating of this book because I don't think it was general. This book was written from one perspective and I think this will either limit the readers or leave them with lots of questions.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

I think the author is judgmental and trying to sell his hateful speech and moral and educational books. I agree with some of the comments above that say that the book is not about educating people on having healthy sexual relationships.
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

Melissa Jane wrote: 01 Jan 2023, 06:49 This is a discussion topic for the January 2023 Book of the month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
I’ve just finished reviewing and this book. I found I agreed with a lot of his opinions but did not like his delivery and stern nature.
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Bradley Shelvie
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-shelvie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bradley Shelvie »

I read this book when it was still the book of the month. Sadly, I didn't submit the review. To me, the author had interesting views about the topic being handled. However, I don't think he was in the position to objectively tackle the topic, as had already developed his own beliefs, which, to me, may be out of touch with the reality. It was a 3 out of 5 for me.
Do the things you love and you'll love the things you do :techie-studyingbrown:
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

I loved almost everything about this book. The title and the book's cover matched the story correctly. I learned a lot from the book. Learned about sexual purity, how to respect one's self and sexual abstinence before marriage. This book really impacted knowledge into my life. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars and also recommend it to others.
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

This book can be a valuable resource for young people and parents in our modern society, particularly when it comes to navigating the intricate realm of sexuality. It addresses a range of complex issues that are essential to understand and deal with.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

I enjoyed this book and I will give it a full rating due to the undliuted truth about sex that has been explicitly stated by the authors in a very understanding terms and also sorting different reference materials and experiences that would help readers better understand his points.
Aftab Yunis
Currently Reading: The fourth Dimension
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aftab-yunis-hakim.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Aftab Yunis »

Mary Bircher wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 13:08 The author was horribly judgmental. The whole book seemed like a rant from a geocities website. Whether I agreed with the point or not, the book itself was just bad. It's more like an insulting manifesto.
Hi, thank you for your comments. I would argue (respectfully) this is not the case. In actual the author has agreed with the latest discoveries that appeal our generation towards this sexual blessings. So, his stance in the whole book is to choose the ways that are biblical. In other words he is negating the self-centered desires towards the godly desires in terms of our sex.
Aftab Yunis
Currently Reading: The fourth Dimension
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aftab-yunis-hakim.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Aftab Yunis »

The book has a genuine concern. This book is good for all the generation to come. Everyone who is indulge in self-centered desires can overcome through the scriptural passages quoted in this book.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

This book has a wide view of hygiene via the aspect of sexual life and sanitation. This book deserves a perfect rating

Return to “Discuss "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris”