Most important lesson

Use this forum to discuss the January 2023 Book of the Month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=550484

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Re: Most important lesson

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I liked the emphasis on respecting yourself and taking care of your body. It touched on a lot of topics that aren’t discussed openly.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

There is a lot of great lessons this book has to offer. I think the most important one is to not follow the crowd. Be your own person, and do what you want to do not what everyone else wants to do.
Joanna Olson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanna-olson.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Joanna Olson »

It's so important to be your own person and make your own decision. Teens (and adults!) are often so influenced by their peers and don't always make the decisions that are right and appropriate for themselves personally.
Joanna Olson
@joannasbookshelf :D
AllTooWell
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

For me, the most important lesson is talking about sex. Talking is the only way to teach children about something, and you do not need to be "pure" in order to be "good" or healthy. I honestly think the author is wrong about putting sex on a pedestal, but I appreciate that he also talks about the importance of teaching children about sex.
Natasha Hlongwane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-hlongwane.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Natasha Hlongwane »

What stood out for me was not following the crowd. Most of the time, we follow what everyone else is doing because we are afraid to stand out/be on the sidelines. However, we have to stop being afraid of our own uniqueness and present ourselves to the world just as we are. Differences make the world go 'round. Do what feels right or makes sense for you.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

How to communicate to children about sex was the most important lesson I took away. This is a persistent issue for the majority of parents. My parents didn't start talking to me about sex until I was preparing to leave for college. I believe I now know how to approach situations differently.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

There is a lot of lesson from this book but the one I find important is (1) sexual purity and (2) To stop following the crowd.
Meghan Sica
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-sica.html
Latest Review: House of Hoops by June Gillam

Post by Meghan Sica »

I love the lessons portrayed in the book. Being a unique individual is by far more important than fitting in and following the rest of the lemmings on this Earth!
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

My biggest takeaway from the book is the importance of sexual purity. I loved how the author explained sexual purity and it's benefits and draws readers towards agreeing with him.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

Hubre De Klerk wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 08:42 I love not following the crowd - just because "they are doing it", doesn't mean you should be too. Follow what you believe, even if it differs from others. I also believe it is the little things that define us, and also that that is what makes relationships work.
I definitely agree that not following the crowd is important. Society pushes so much on us that staying true to yourself is important.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

Just because everyone is doing it doesn’t mean you should; this is one of the important lessons I took from this book. Another big lesson is on sexual purity and how we can maintain it in this present day.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

I like how this book linked spirituality with sex. Most people have refused to agree that there's a bond between these terms and this has cost them a lot. I like this and I think this is the most important lesson in this book.
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

Owuamanam Eberechukwu wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 01:23 Most times we feel or think our happiness depends on another person. We also feel like our relationship is not working because of our partner. However, Mr Morris presented little details that makes the difference. This little things defines and creates happinesss in relationships. This is the most important lesson for me.

What’s the most important lesson for you.
For me it reaffirmed that we don’t want to do Santa with our kids, our little boy is 1 and will be 2 next Christmas. He’ll definitely have more of an understanding by then.
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

There are lots of lessons to learn from this book- both for the parent, the would be parent and the dependent one. I like the way parents are advices to normalize sex education with their children.
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

There were a whole lot of lessons I learned from this book. I learned about sexual purity. This was actually the most important lesson for me. Another lesson is how to respect one's self. If we don't respect ourselves, how would other people respect us? I learned a whole lot from this book, honestly.

Return to “Discuss "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris”