Most important lesson

Use this forum to discuss the January 2023 Book of the Month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=550484

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Most important lesson

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Most times we feel or think our happiness depends on another person. We also feel like our relationship is not working because of our partner. However, Mr Morris presented little details that makes the difference. This little things defines and creates happinesss in relationships. This is the most important lesson for me.

What’s the most important lesson for you.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

There are a whole lot of lessons to learn from this book. For me, the most important lesson here is sexual purity, especially in this morally deficit society we see sometimes. It may not be easy, but I am doing my best to stop violation my purity the more. I have made some mistakes, but I want them to end there.
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I think that the most important lesson in this book is that people should not follow the crowd. Just because "everyone" is doing something does not mean that you should. You have to do what is right for yourself at the time and make sure that you understand the pros and cons of each decision that you make.
Israel10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-israel10.html
Latest Review: Creating Wellbeing and Building Resilience in the Veterinary Profession by Sonja A. Olson, DVM

Post by Israel10 »

I definitely do think that we must become consciously aware of the little things that bring happiness within our relationships as most times it is these little differences which make all the difference.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

There is a lot of important lessons here. Sexual purity is one of my favorite. In a world where sexual relationship is a common thing, I found it to be a challenge to teach my children about it. It is my responsibility to make sure they protect their purity for the right moment.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I love not following the crowd - just because "they are doing it", doesn't mean you should be too. Follow what you believe, even if it differs from others. I also believe it is the little things that define us, and also that that is what makes relationships work.
Aloe Crane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aloe-crane.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by Aloe Crane »

Owuamanam Eberechukwu wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 01:23 Most times we feel or think our happiness depends on another person. We also feel like our relationship is not working because of our partner. However, Mr Morris presented little details that makes the difference. This little things defines and creates happinesss in relationships. This is the most important lesson for me.

What’s the most important lesson for you.
Oddly enough, I took the most from the most basic lessons. Stuff like brushing your teeth well, and taking care of your body. I thought about why you should maintain good hygiene. Not only is it healthy and clean, it reflects who we are as a person. Do we respect and care for ourselves? Do we make the time to clean and care for ourselves as we would our partners or children?
Itz Savaga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

The importance of sexual purity and how much is saves one from is the biggest lesson I got from this book. I'll definitely teach my children that.
Jenna Floyd
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-floyd.html
Latest Review: Murder Rides a Gale Force Wind by Yvonne Maximchuk

Post by Jenna Floyd »

Owuamanam Eberechukwu wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 01:23 Oddly enough, I took the most from the most basic lessons. Stuff like brushing your teeth well, and taking care of your body. I thought about why you should maintain good hygiene. Not only is it healthy and clean, it reflects who we are as a person. Do we respect and care for ourselves? Do we make the time to clean and care for ourselves as we would our partners or children?
I absolutely agree. I don't know why I needed to be reminded, but I benefited from the reminder to execute good general care for oneself. I feel like it's a lesson my parents never really instilled; it affects everything, including how we present ourselves to the world.
Annas Felix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annas-felix.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Annas Felix »

The most important lesson for me was how to teach children about sex. This is always a challenge for most parents. My parents didn't start talking about sex to me until I was about to leave for college. I believe I have learned to do things differently.
Crs webco
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: An American Conspiracy
Currently Reading: Resonant
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crs-webco.html
Latest Review: An American Conspiracy by Alan C. Moore
Reading Device: B07WGJ9KT3

Post by Crs webco »

I come from an era where little to no instruction was given except "only after marriage" and I told myself that my children would have their questions about sex and other matters answered as honestly as they could be. But I must say, my eldest, at about 3 years old, came in from outside, running through the kitchen to get to the bathroom. She skidded to a stop and asked why she didn't have "one of those hangy down parts" to go pee? and went on into the bathroom. Thanking my stars for a few moments to think, I was ready when she came out, continuing her conversation. "It would be so much easier if I didn't have to come back to the house. " Keeping as straight a face as I could, I answered, " You must have been playing with Jesse (the neighbor boy). Well, sweetheart, boys and daddies have them, but girls and mommies don't. " She looked at me for a moment and then headed back outside. Her parting words "It would be easier if we did".

Things only went on from there! A few years later we had three children (ages 5,7,and 9), and our church offered classes for various aged children on Sex Education. Granted, they were focused on abstention for the most part, but gave the children a good, solid base to be built on. My husband (of now 49 years) and I continued answering whatever questions that they came up with. Sometimes these required research into books, reports, and encyclopedias, the internet not being available at the time. Living in a rural area, when it did become available, dial-up was the only option.
Crs webco
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: An American Conspiracy
Currently Reading: Resonant
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crs-webco.html
Latest Review: An American Conspiracy by Alan C. Moore
Reading Device: B07WGJ9KT3

Post by Crs webco »

The prior post left me before being finished, so here is the ending.

This book would probably have been my first line of defense when the questions about sex were thrown at me. But, alas, like the internet, this tome was not available then. We must have done a few things right, because 3 children, 14 grandchildren, and 2 great-grandchildren with another due in March later, I am proud of every single one of them!
Austin McMichael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-mcmichael.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Austin McMichael »

Chika Oroke wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 13:18 There are a whole lot of lessons to learn from this book. For me, the most important lesson here is sexual purity, especially in this morally deficit society we see sometimes. It may not be easy, but I am doing my best to stop violation my purity the more. I have made some mistakes, but I want them to end there.
What do you think is the biggest benefit from sexual purity? What motivates you towards that goal?
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

Cheryl Erickson wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 15:33 I think that the most important lesson in this book is that people should not follow the crowd. Just because "everyone" is doing something does not mean that you should. You have to do what is right for yourself at the time and make sure that you understand the pros and cons of each decision that you make.
I agree. It is not necessary to do or follow certain things simply because others do. As soon as you realize that the most important thing is what you truly desire, that is the moment you can truly say you understand the consequences and benefits of your decisions.
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

Cheryl Erickson wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 15:33 I think that the most important lesson in this book is that people should not follow the crowd. Just because "everyone" is doing something does not mean that you should. You have to do what is right for yourself at the time and make sure that you understand the pros and cons of each decision that you make.
I agree with your opinion on this topic. However, it is hard for a lot of people to practice this, given the prevalent quest of many people today to be validated and to feel good in today's society. It is sad, but this is what we see everyday on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms.

Return to “Discuss "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris”