Sexual Abstinence Before Marriage?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2023 Book of the Month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=550484

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Agbata Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Sexual Abstinence Before Marriage?

Post by Agbata Charles »

Abstainance is good. Even though people have different impressions about sex before marraige. It is good we stick to what we believe
Abbie Braun
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbie-braun.html
Latest Review: City of Shards by Steve Rodgers

Post by Abbie Braun »

I don't agree with abstinence before marriage. I think that before two individuals get married they need to ensure that they both want the same thing from sex. They need to make sure that their partner will satisfy their needs. I understand that there is a lot of trepidation surrounding sex and I think that practicing safe sex and having open conversations before hand are important. I think many people who practice abstinence, they don't understand how their body works or how their partners body works. I've heard a lot of stories from older folks who've abstained until marriage and on their honeymoon they were expected to fall into bed and just know what to do. Many of them ended up getting hurt and their needs not met because they were never taught what those needs are and they can't articulate what they want.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

No matter how our present generation would want to twist or cover the truth, Abstinence is the best choice. The advantages far out ways its disadvantages. The author made this point straight and clear and I very much agree with him.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Even though this generation thinks sexual abstinence before marriage is archaic, I believe it's the best. It safe a lot of troubles in marriage and makes you appreciate your partner without comparing him/her to previous sex partners.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

It's is good. But today it seems not to be a topic again as most do have sex before marriage. We just have to ensure that the sex is healthy to avoid diseases.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I agree that sexual abstinence is good. Firstly, it would reduces the prevalence of STIs if everyone maintained sexual purity. The importance of sexual purity should be taught to children from a young age.
Kaitlin Bryant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: Uprooted by Peter J. Boni

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

Brenda Creech wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 09:06
jeminah28 wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 02:42
Brenda Creech wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 11:03 I agree about sexual abstinence. Sadly, today's young women are under so much pressure they follow the crowd! When I was growing up it was the only way! It was the rare young woman who practiced sex outside of marriage!
Exactly. I always remember my granny saying that in their time, premarital sex was somewhat degrading and caused humiliation in the family if caught.
That is all very true! That's how it was when I was growing up. I base my beliefs on what I have learned as a Christian. Society might change, but God's word doesn't!
I totally agree! If we look at how society is changing in terms of exposing people to extreme sexual content younger and younger, it is quite scary!

Return to “Discuss "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris”